SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

Walleye: Spring vs Fall

2/23/18 @ 4:02 PM
INITIAL POST
nightbrawler
User since 6/30/15

With spring approaching, I am looking forward to catch some walleyes. I fished a lot for night walleye in the Fall, but I have never tried that in the Spring. Do they still come to the shallow at night? Any other tips?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
1/28/20 @ 6:35 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

Fall is great because there are fewer guys out there to coon in on you.

1/28/20 @ 2:38 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Yes they do!!  Not sure what is my favorite time of the year, I think I'd have to go with Spring, but Fall is not far behind either.

5/1/19 @ 5:32 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I like both kinda. I like spring because I have more time to fish them. I usually quit fishing them at labor day weekend. Lots of hunting after that. I fish up north a lot, when I can and usually do well. The time is almost here.  

4/28/19 @ 9:19 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Countdown till Go Time

7/22/18 @ 2:28 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

Fall is my favorite. I catch big walleyes spring and fall, the only difference is the amount of people around me.

7/18/18 @ 11:19 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

my favorite bite is the fall bite. Tight to shore sometimes less then a foot of water. My bite is based on the fathead hatch that happens at that time of year and the wallyes already have there feed bags on so its a win win thing.Find timber in shallow water and game on

7/16/18 @ 1:04 PM
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
User since 9/26/16

Spring is the best in my opinion and they do run shallow in the spring. Fall can be more of a hit or miss on any given evening- night. Spring seems to be a more consistent bite with bigger female walleyes.

3/3/18 @ 10:20 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I catch em in the same shallow spots spring and fall. But jig and twister tail fished slowly works best for me in spring, while in fall I fish lures at a faster speed. Also seem to get more small males in spring while bigger females in fall

3/2/18 @ 8:54 AM
twistertom
twistertom
User since 3/16/15

Yes you can catch them up shallow in the Spring just as in the Fall. The walleye will look for dark/hard bottoms that warm up quicker than other areas - especially late morning. Depths of 4-10'.

2/23/18 @ 8:03 PM
nightbrawler
User since 6/30/15

How about March and April? Thinking about trying lakes and rivers that do not have closed season.

2/23/18 @ 6:55 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

I do well shallow in the spring when gamefish season opens back up 1st saturday in may

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE