What are your top 3 favorite walleye lures?
I will get it rolling.
1. Rapala - X-rap
2. Bfishin tackle- moxi
3. Rapala - jointed shad rap
1. 3 - 3.5" swimbait or paddle tail (Zman, Keitech, etc)
2. Jig w/ FuzzEGrub and large fathead or river shiner
3. Berkley Flicker Shad or Shad Rap
I love fishing Rippin' Raps as well, but the river I normally fish for walleyes has a lot of wood and at $8 apiece, that is not usually a cost-effective approach! They are a great bait for searching for fish on sand/gravel flats and bars tho!
+1 on the egg sinkers in tournaments, though I've found they work better when tipped/wrapped in a walleye fillet!
Jig and live bait
Jig and 3 or 4 inch Keitech swim bait
#7 jigging Rapala
1. Weighted slip bobber and 3 inch sucker minnow
2. Chartreuse 1/8 or 1/4 jig with chartreuse 2 or 3 inch (yum brand) tail, two to three inch sucker minnow/fathead
3.Lindy rig with 1/4 oz. Barrel sinker stopped by a small split shot , and floating jig hooked to 3 inch sucker minnow