SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

Stopping tournament cheaters

9/30/23 @ 11:27 AM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Would it make sense to change winning criteria to total length of fish rather than weight?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
TODAY @ 12:17 AM
Locktrumpyup4ever
User since 5/31/24
I wouldn't matter, the cheaters stil cheat as they don't think the rules apply to them.  The last tournament I entered, the first winner had a fish that was colder than the water.
He previously froze a huge eye and morning of, put it in the livewell to thaw.
Only caught as weather changed and squall line blew across lake so everyone was recalled for safety. He would have got away and won whole thing had storm not blew in.
In the end he was disqualified and still kept fish.
They need to make it a crime, punished based on top prize value, so either class D felony or class B misdemeanor for competition fraud.  ciminal charges might reduce the basic cheaters, but only significant prison time will make it more fair but no politician will support that.  Dems are lenient and gop can't agree with themselves but then they still won't as it would cost money to pay for enforcement and confinement.
Until then, expect both dumb and very clever cheaters in most big prize fisheries.
Only the good people do right and the good always lose to the evil ones.
5/16/24 @ 11:52 AM
One dozen
One dozen
User since 11/29/19
So long as you have tournaments, you will have cheaters. It's all about the bragging rights and money. It's no longer a sporting event, but rather a money event.  It's time we enjoy the sport and take the money out of it. Give the fish a brake. 
11/3/23 @ 3:39 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Aim has been doing it for years. Photo of fish on bump board, they have preweights  set based off of length of fish.
11/3/23 @ 12:44 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Could definitely see it; however, I'd think it would require digitally calibrated and verifiable measurements.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE