MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

PB Walleye - Do you go by length or weight?

10/17/21 @ 8:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
USER SINCE 10/25/16

Haven't really targeted walleye that much, but I recently caught one while kayak fishing with a little swim bait.  Do people go by length or weight when they talk about their personal best walleye? I measured the one I recently caught.  My PB in length is 21 1/4, but I didn't have a scale to weigh it.  If you're interested, the video of this fish is below.  It's caught around the 11 minute mark of the vid if you're interested.  

DISPLAYING 11 TO 16 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/25/21 @ 10:52 AM
PimplySwede
USER SINCE 1/6/09

Length.  A 30" walleye can lose 3-4# of eggs just by spawning.  She'll still be 30" though.

10/23/21 @ 8:23 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

The length is what’s recognized by record keepers and in all regulations. The weight can vary from fish to fish and not a true measurement. You can have a short fish that weighs a lot or a long fish that doesn’t.

10/23/21 @ 5:32 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

Length first. for me weight really don't matter but it's nice to know

10/22/21 @ 4:54 PM
karl58
USER SINCE 7/27/13

Also go by length, even in canada go by length  

10/18/21 @ 7:12 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER SINCE 3/20/02

I go by length as pretty much all larger walleyes get released on my boat.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 16 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.