LOGIN
Lake-Link

Mississippi River - NE Iowa/SW Wisconsin/NW Illinois

6/1/18 @ 7:56 PM
ORIGNAL POST
LakeCountryFisherGirl
LakeCountryFisherGirl
User since 2/5/12

Greetings anglers...I'm in the Dubuque area for the summer and missing my trolling opportunities elsewhere.  Would greatly appreciate some advice for shore fishing this season. The river is a beast...I'm just looking for some fun bites ideally some monster walleyes to put in the fryer.  Thanks in advance for your time.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/7/18 @ 8:37 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

If you are In DBQ I would try below the dam on both sides.The fishing barge on the wis. side is usually good for something.I would fish early am or evening.If you go to the barge and want live bait take it with you.In the summer and the river at summer pool you may not get all the walleyes you want but crappie,bluegill,stripers,and the occasional perch are there.Oh and let's not forget the sheepies.

6/2/18 @ 9:28 PM
Tinks
User since 8/27/13
Good place to start would be Olearys county park on the Wisconsin side of the river just below the dam. Pan fish and bass should be biting in the pond along with the occasional northern and walleye. 

6/2/18 @ 7:13 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

My first piece of advice is that ignore Big Shane.  Read a couple other threads and you’ll understand why.  That’s just all in good fun.

Seriously though, I’d start with the fishing floats and spillways.

Good luck and keep us posted 

6/1/18 @ 11:48 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15
why do you want to eat monster walleyes? I doubt anybody is gonna give you spots for monster walleyes so you can eat them.  I would try shore trolling though. Good luck. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.