SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

Lure color

3/22/21 @ 7:37 AM
INITIAL POST
Edju295
User since 3/22/21

I can't seem to get an answer for this question, but shouldn't lure colors be reversed for night time fishing, like black on the bottom and silver on top?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
7/10/21 @ 8:36 AM
Thomas Droste
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06

Generally speaking, yes, that should be the case. But it is not a hard and fast rule. Sometimes it depends if you're fishing for suspended fish that are looking up to see your baits. If that's the case, yes, darker lures may be easier for the fish to see. If you're fishing shallower areas where they are keying in on prey that is at the same depth they are sometimes different colors play a role. I've caught a lot of walleyes on pearl white and clear glass husky jerks while fishing suspended fish. I've also caught walleyes on black and brown baits being dragged on the bottom on moonless nights. You have to experiment and find out what they're feeding on. 

6/23/21 @ 4:02 PM
thomaslimbach
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/07

Most of my night fishing for walleyes I run pitch black bodies, dark purple bodies, and dark gold. Those colors never let me down. So to answer your question yes

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE