SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

Large Walleyes,small lakes

7/31/20 @ 10:41 AM
INITIAL POST
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

Some of my biggest walleyes were caught on two small Wi. lakes. One lake was less than 100 acres and was stocked by a property owner on it. The other is about 200 acres and where I caught a 30'' 10.8 lb. walleye ice fishing. Both lakes are not very deep and do not have oily baitfish like cisco. I never would believe trophy walleyes could come from these small public lakes. Lets hear your big walleyes, small lakes experience.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
8/11/20 @ 10:18 AM
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

JC I never really thought about big walleyes in that light. Makes sense though.

8/7/20 @ 7:32 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

If a private lake, pretty much easy to figure out.  Most public small lakes in WI have VERY low walleye populations.  Typically lakes with low populations of a certain species (bass, walleye) have the potential to grow larger as they are not competing with other like species for food.  Not entirely surprising you had luck on some smaller lakes for big fish, and I have always believed the best chance for a trophy walleye is by frothing the water on small lakes not known for great walleye fishing.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE