Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

How Do You use Willowcats

6/1/21 @ 7:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mnvikings
USER SINCE 10/6/14

I've been using willowcats for 2 years . I catch some eyes but I'm not good with them .Can you educate me ? I use egg sinker or bottom bouncer . A lot of the time I see the willowcat upside down or twirling . To me this isn't natural or good . Also I lose a lot of willowcats to snags . I don't like that because of their price . Sure would appreciate help on how to fish them . Thanks 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/8/21 @ 11:20 AM
mnvikings
USER SINCE 10/6/14

Mr Greensand, Thanks for your reply. I'm full of questions : When you "bottom fished" with Willowcats does that mean you threw the WC out and left it sit on the bottom or did you slowly move it. Could you feel the bite ?  Any beads or spinners ahead of the WC ?  Appreciate all the info !!   gg

6/7/21 @ 9:49 PM
GreenSand
USER SINCE 1/4/08

I fished with a guide 2 times where we used willow cats.  First time was on pool 10 and we didn’t catch anything.  2nd time was pool 9 and slayed them. Caught 2 man limit we kept and released 7 or 8 slots

each time we used them was bottom fishing with a slip sinker rig

i think to troll them is not a natural presentation 

6/7/21 @ 6:07 PM
mnvikings
USER SINCE 10/6/14

Thanks Tim for your reply ! I appreciate it. I am trolling them with the Minnkota. In the current it's hard to slow them way down. When you cast them , do you want them to go over the wingdam and drop into the hole below the dam  or do you want them to stay in place pretty much ?  I've been hooking them through both jaws. What's your feeling on that ?  Finally , do you ever jig them ?   Thanks again   gg

6/7/21 @ 11:37 AM
Zwiegs
USER SINCE 1/10/12

Sounds like you are trolling with them hence the spinning.  Try going slower.  The way I use them, I use an egg sinker and about a 3' lead.  I cast them up on the upriver side of wingdams, and let them swim around.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.