SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

Fall walleyes on Green Bay

8/13/20 @ 11:06 AM
INITIAL POST
Wiscokid 49
User since 12/12/18

Hey guys and girls I am looking to set up a trip to Green Bay the week of 10 /12 for Walleye. How is the fall bite on GB? I have always done the spring thing and any suggestions on where that time of year would be great. Trying set up some lodging and don't know what would be best area. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/29/20 @ 8:17 PM
Jerry Ruffolo
PRO MEMBER User since 6/18/01

Right now the bite is excellent!!  You should have a great trip, weather permitting.  Good luck!!  Capt Jerry

8/20/20 @ 2:25 PM
Wiscokid 49
User since 12/12/18

I have never been much of a hair jig fisherman, any suggestions on size or colors on the bay would be greatly appreciated.

8/17/20 @ 9:03 AM
Wiscokid 49
User since 12/12/18

Thank you both for the great info. I am going to be there a week so I can definitely try both tactics. 

8/14/20 @ 6:29 AM
Jerry Ruffolo
PRO MEMBER User since 6/18/01

Wiscokid 49,

Every year is different.  Three years ago, the walleye fishing in the fall was the best I've ever seen, and I had most of it to myself.  Two years ago it was very tough, and last year slightly better than the prior year.  There are specific areas, though, that are good in the fall.  The tops and edges into Vincent Point are a good start, as is Pensuakee Shoal, Oconto Shoal, Youngs Reef, and Larsons Reef.  I've done well at several of these locations in the fall, usually jigging rippin raps, shiver minnows, and hair jigs.  Trolling crankbaits is also a great option.  

The Fox River is also a great option, as walleyes and muskies follow shad and whitefish into the river in the fall.  Similar presentations work here too.  Capt Jerry.

8/13/20 @ 4:29 PM
kimball920
User since 10/25/15

Forget Green Bay! Go to the dam in DePere. The landing is at the park across from the dam. Go across and Fish /troll the point with number 9 rapala countdowns starting from 22 feet and going  toward the dam up to 7 feet of water. If water is coming over one of the spillways closest to shore then drift the current edge and cast # 5 rapala toward shore and around electric derick. Also anchor by restraining cable going across the river and cast into the spillway! 'Tis the time for BIG WALLEYES! 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE