Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bay De Noc or Devils Lake

7/15/16 @ 8:59 PM
ORIGNAL POST
dgdgolf
User since 5/18/12

I'm planning a trip the week of August 8th.  I can go anywhere in the Midwest.  I've narrowed my selection down to Bay De Noc or Devils Lake. 

I know Devils will produce more fish, but De Noc may produce bigger fish.

I would like to get opinions on which option you would choose.

Thanks,

Dave

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/5/16 @ 1:38 PM
WalleyeLouie
WalleyeLouie
User since 9/11/16

Been fishing little and big bay de noc since 1988.Simply great and if you need any other info pm me.I own a cabin in rapid river.Plenty of cheap places to stay plus i rent out a trailer cheap.

12/5/16 @ 12:41 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

BDN is one of my favorite places to fish.  You may get more bits on Devils, but quality wil be coming out of BDN and GReen Bay.

11/30/16 @ 3:32 PM
Jerry Ruffolo
User since 6/18/01
The northern Door County area in August is one of the best big fish bites in the country.  If you want eaters, there are plenty on Southern Green bay in August.  It's a matter of travel:  I'd rather fish Green Bay since its 35 miles from home.  Bay de Noc, specifically off Escanaba, will have fish but the best bite is south of Escanaba.  You'll need a bigger boat to get to those fish.  Good luck!!

11/14/16 @ 4:04 PM
muskyslayer
muskyslayer
User since 5/9/02

BDN is more of a late fall spot.  I would still fish the Green Bay over Devils due to the better average size, but focus my time in more of the Door County area.  Can't lose either place. 

7/20/16 @ 4:01 PM
Gimper
User since 11/27/01

de Noc can be seasonal with most of the big fish not showing up until later in the fall. If you want big Walleye at that time of year I'd check into Green Bay.

7/19/16 @ 1:48 PM
Ranger6
Ranger6
User since 5/18/15

I fished Devils Lake ND back in June for the first time, it was awesome we caught about sixty Walleyes in two days and some really nice Pike I have not fished Bay De Noc since the 1980s but plan to give it a try this year as well. I plan to hit Devils Lake everyyear from now on.

thanks

tom

7/18/16 @ 11:37 AM
Floatin n' boatin
User since 7/23/15

Bay de Noc without a doubt!

7/18/16 @ 10:31 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Personally, I have only fished Devils Lake once, and it was in the winter.  However I am in love wioth Bay's de Noc, and Green Bay.  Yep big fish are the reason.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.