Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Rabbits with beagles

8/28/05 @ 5:42 PM
ORIGINAL POST
walleyejr
User since 7/17/03
Just wondering how many guys go out with beagles/ where they got there dog and where they hunt about.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 293 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/30/20 @ 2:47 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Great pictures. Looks like a lot of fun and some fine meals there. Nice work! 

4/30/20 @ 12:36 PM
Swampman
Swampman
User since 7/23/01

Another great season with the hounds!

12/31/18 @ 11:06 AM
GUDSUN
User since 2/25/02

Got out the other day with the kids and some beagles after our snow Fri eve. Bunnies were holding very tight, had to step on them. When we got them up there were no tracks around so they had been sitting from the afternoon before it snowed. Places with tracks they were all down their holes, have to thin a few foxes out.

We got 2 bunnies but saw more, just either missed or no safe shots.

Sorry no good pic like previous years.

1/12/18 @ 12:02 PM
Swampman
Swampman
User since 7/23/01

I was asked to bring my hounds to the U.P. for a youth hunt in early Dec., odd there wasn't any snow yet! My friend John (90 years old) organized the hunt as well as the youth's that were to attend.

The ywo youth's that were suppose to hunt Saturday cancelled Friday night and one of the two for Sunday cancelled that morning. Too bad they couldn't make it, the hounds ran the Hare past me several times that presented some good opportunity for shooting.

I did have the pleasure to be apart of a very nice young lady's first Hare hunt and her first harvested Hare on Sunday. Riley impressed me with her attention to gun safety as well as paying attention to where the hounds were.

The hounds ran 21 miles on Saturday and 17 miles on Sunday before we called it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INWh3Nha_Qg

As for the original posters question, I raise and train my own hounds. I hunt everywhere I get the chance to go, WI, U.P. of MI., Lower MI., IN. and have recently been invited to AL. to hunt Swampers.

Going to ME. to hunt Hare is on my bucket list.

12/29/17 @ 10:20 PM
GUDSUN
User since 2/25/02

Was out today and got 7 bunnies, missed a lot today. Was tough conditions when you couldn't always feel all your body parts or guns malfunction. Overall great day but got chilly once the wind picked up.

12/26/16 @ 2:52 PM
GUDSUN
User since 2/25/02

Finally got out with the boys today, with rain and fog in morning it looked bleak but turned into a wonderful day.

Beagles and the boys were beat but they would up with 12 rabbits between them. They didn't  do much missing which was great!

12/20/15 @ 2:57 PM
allydeer
User since 4/26/08
I am starting to look for a good started or someone that has good pups not for trials looking for hunting and house

12/2/15 @ 9:18 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Not too far north. Ive seen and killed more snowshoes in the Wisc Rapids area than anywhere else. I havent hunted there in 20 yrs so things may have changed.

12/1/15 @ 6:05 PM
12" Bluegill
User since 3/7/12
I was just curious how far do you have to go north to find snowshoe hare?

2/17/15 @ 9:22 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
User since 1/27/14
Any one have any details about the rabbit tournament in central WI this weekend? I believe it's out of a bar called the wolf den in dancy by lake du bay.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 293 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.