Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Class B Bird Hunting Preserve License

11/24/14 @ 5:16 PM
ORIGNAL POST
silvrbck
User since 6/29/04
Ive been playing around with the idea of raising my own birds to train my dog durring the summer. Maybe 20 to 40 birds. It would be a hunting scenario where I plant the birds and then hunt them in the summer. Is the class B license what I would need to apply for?

I couldn't find any more info on the dnr website. Is there another license? Maybe one for just personal use? Both A and B license seem to be geared towards the larger pheasant farms. Unlike the larger farms, I wouldn't have any customers or make any kind of profit.

Just thought I'd ask as I'm sure alot of guys on here may have had the same idea at one point.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/9/15 @ 1:34 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
If you are not breeding or selling them for profit you would just need to have the dog training permit. You will get stickers that you need to put on the bird when you release it.

I buy 100 every spring. I never wanted to deal with incubation or heat lamps and all that crap. I get them when they can be outside. Pricier but hell of a lot easier.

1/9/15 @ 8:20 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
If you are just raising and not breeding birds you may be able to use the bird dog training license? http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/wm/wm0444.pdf

1/8/15 @ 10:03 PM
Easton Ace
Easton Ace
User since 1/27/02
Yes the class B license would be the correct one as you would be releasing less than 1000 per year. We have had one and raised about 200 per year for the past 4 years.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.