MORE
Upland/Small Game

RABBITS!

2/9/23 @ 7:28 AM
INITIAL POST
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Been out several times now stomping brush and even bringing my lab along that's not a bunny dog, but still would find one in cover, and not a darn one yet. Anybody else out at all??

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
2/22/24 @ 9:12 PM
Joe7871
Joe7871
PRO MEMBER User since 8/30/16
Just wondering if anyone can give a rough estimate on how much meat you would get if you de-boned an average rabbit. I'm looking to make a rabbit chili and need around 2 lbs of meat. Would 3 rabbits be enough? 
2/3/24 @ 9:39 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
 I have about 3 ac. behind my house. ABout 6 yrs. ago I got 7 out of there. It got worse every year . I had brush piles and it is thick , perfect for rabbits, and of course the deer are always around. I could not figure out why I used ot have so many rabbits but last year I could not even get one on a trail cam pick... Oe guy posted that some areas donr have enough salt to reproduce . That made sense cause years back I always saw them by the salt lick.. Last spring I out out a salt lick and sure enough. I got a rabbit licking the salt block all fall. Now I actually have 2 rabbits on the cam the other night and I am even seeing a few with a lot of trails  and droppings in the snow. I am going to put more salt licks out and stack skid pallets and dump brush on top of it this year. I am sure I will be hunting rabbits next winter. If you got a few acres, try it. 
2/2/24 @ 7:42 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
anybody running beagles in the ozaukee, washington, fon du lac co areas looking for another gun let me know, I've always wanted to rabbit hunt with the beagles, silly but kind of a bucket list thing for me idk why but it is. Thanks and goodhuntin
2/1/24 @ 6:10 PM
Swampman
Swampman
User since 7/23/01
Bought a Ruger Mark IV Lite .22 to rabbit hunt with this year, I've only harvested one so far. I'd say the rabbits are pretty safe! 
RABBITS! photo by Swampman
2/15/23 @ 1:38 PM
Swampman
Swampman
User since 7/23/01

Been out every weekend on cottontails with the hounds.

Went up north for my annual SB weekend hare hunt, lots of snow and hounds ran great.

2/14/23 @ 1:41 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Got out this past weekend  with family and friends and moved a couple. Ended up getting two, including the one pictured.

RABBITS! photo by Tito39
2/13/23 @ 10:35 PM
retiredsoicanfish
User since 3/25/09

Gotten a couple (Hortonville area) but where I usually hunt around Freedom haven't kicked any out. Lots of sign but nothing to show for the work.

2/13/23 @ 5:39 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Might be a coyote or fox problem. Plus habitat might be dwindling 

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE