putzer
User since 5/29/06

Great weather for opening day 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 39 posts
1/14/20 @ 11:47 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

had a fun day at the farm Saturday am put up 2 and hunted hard for the third one but couldn't get on it, still a fun day and the lil girl did good. 

1/6/20 @ 7:23 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Thanks for the advice taco! I will be looking into that.

Ended the season Saturday with only 1 bird put up and loved every minute of it!

Can’t wait for next year 

1/5/20 @ 6:41 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Got out for the last time this season with my stepson,   saw none but a beautiful day out non the less. I'm very lucky to have so many acres of public land so close to me.

Thanks again to the WDNR for giving my dogs the opportunity to chase birds , can't wait for next year.

1/4/20 @ 4:34 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

Went out for the last time today.  Walked quite a ways and got two shots at a couple roosters.  Unfortunately two misses.  Bittersweet end to the season.

1/4/20 @ 10:29 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Casedog-   Good post from Tacoeye.. I did the same thing when my pup was young and wanted her on birds.   I also will still take my dog on public land where I know there are still birds and just let her flush them.  Even though she is 5 years old it still allows me to work on some extra training techniques after the season. You usually have to go off the "beaten path" though to find these birds.. 

1/3/20 @ 6:59 PM
Tacoeye
User since 7/28/16

Go on the dnr website , print of dog training license application, they will provide you with how ever many leg bands that you want, go on the World Wide Web find someone who raises pheasants, purchase them for $9 to$ 12, take them to a designated DTA(dog training area) certain properties are class 2 and others are class 1 , class 2 closes in April class one open year round. This is what I did when I was training my dog to hunt birds and was very effective and cost a heck of a lot cheaper than game farms. Research how to build boxes for transport and put birds  in pillow cases once at the field . Picture is from a training mission out to pine island ,,$90 for 9 birds, 

1/3/20 @ 10:02 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Just curious what all you pheasant hunters are going to do after the season closes this Sunday?

Is there anything else to do with your dogs besides hunting pheasant farms after the season?

I’m not ready to not hunt on the weekends anymore so please respond if you know of anything available?

Thanks Casey 

12/28/19 @ 12:14 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Casedog I sent you a message. 

12/28/19 @ 11:11 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

All at bong 

12/21-7birds flushed 2 birds taken

12/22-9 birds flushed 3 missed birds

12/24-3 birds flushed 2 missed birds

12/27-1 bird flushed 1 miss

Time to hit the trap range because my dog is getting tired of doing all this work with not much to show-lol

There are still a few birds to be had but there getting harder and harder to find 

Another thing I have noticed is the hens seem to sit tight as possible and flushing right next to me scarring the shit out of me while the roosters seem to flush 50-60 yards away??

Anyone know of any pheasant farms that do not require a membership or at least somewhat affordable?? Please share as I’m addicted to this pheasant hunting and not ready to give it up on January 5th!!

12/27/19 @ 9:17 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Hit two spots today ,my pup put up 4 birds at the first one I wiffed on an easy shot on one two others no shot and the fourth was a hen bird , they don't stock hens on this site so thats nice to see, it got up two feet away from me , scared the snot out of me hahaha. Second place he got one up deep in the woods. It's so fun to watch him work. They're still out there. I hope to get out one more time.

12/22/19 @ 7:36 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Got out today,  dogs got one up way in the woods , fun to see them so tenacious.  Bird got up about 60 yards in front of me. I'll try that place again later this week.  Tomorrow I'm going to try Vernon marsh , it's a very beautiful property. 

12/22/19 @ 1:17 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

Just an FYI, I shared with another l-l'er an area I deer hunted last weekend at New Munster where a group of 5 roosters flushed. Far as I can tell very little hunting pressure for birds

12/21/19 @ 5:09 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

From Eldorado marsh, Al says "Merry Christmas everyone, HO HO HO"

12/21/19 @ 2:01 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

I found out that bong released 400 birds yesterday for the “holiday hunt” and a limit was had in under an hour!

I almost wished for a miss or two so I could have hunted longer but it was still a Great day to be out and super proud of my dog! She really has this pheasant hunting down to an art! 

Good luck because there is still some birds to be had! Go get em!!

12/21/19 @ 12:19 AM
Fritz
User since 6/27/01

I have not been very good at posting hunts lately. But I did get out in Columbia county today and the dog got up 2 roosters.  We got the first one, but the second one I had trouble getting the safety off.  So he is still out there.

I'm guessing today was the last planting in our area.

Fritz

Displaying 1 to 15 of 39 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE