putzer
User since 5/29/06

Great weather for opening day 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 8:57 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Took the girl out for a hike yesterday  on a large wpa pheasants forever property, never cut a track either or put up a bird, hit some thickets and marsh as well. nada still a nice day for a walk.

11/7/19 @ 7:04 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Hit four spots today,  nothing was flushed.  Didn't even see a track in the snow. Hopefully better luck next week. 

11/3/19 @ 1:46 PM
Muskymaster1
MEMBER since 6/14/16

I have some great looking English springer spanials. On trading post. I hunt with both the male and female.

10/31/19 @ 7:27 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

thanks surfer, unfortunately the fishing stunk.

took a walk at scup this afternoon for the last little bit of light after clearing the crud off the drive.  no birds.  was hard to walk, got a lot more than they predicted.  

10/30/19 @ 5:57 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

They released today at multiple spots.  Unfortunately for my horrible shooting I came home empty handed!

10/28/19 @ 5:09 PM
dcsnick1
User since 4/8/08

I was out this past Friday in the Footville area. Got 2 in about a hour and half. I spend most of my weekends guiding And with my job I don’t get out much during the week. Mostly just Wednesday and Friday.

10/26/19 @ 7:43 PM
Mattman_150
User since 12/2/14

Hello everyone,

This has been my first year pheasant hunting and also the first year for my new hunting partner, a 14 month old chocolate lab. That being said, we managed to get 1 bird last week near Madison. He is a great dog and is steady to gunfire but is still working on actively flushing out birds. He tends to stay really close to me when I would like him to go out ahead to cover more ground. 

Long story short, I usually hunt the Madison area on weekdays and would like to find someone else, preferably with a flushing dog, that would be open to hunting together or letting my dog run with your dog for a couple hours to watch how it’s done. Feel free to message me with any tips for getting my lab to go out ahead from me further as well. 

Good luck to all! 

10/25/19 @ 6:16 PM
Surfer
User since 6/21/01

Good luck musky fishing rpole; see you when you get back. Our "group" has hunted Bong the last three days and hunting has been good. Today, between six guys we had nine birds, similar to the other two days. It is tough going however in a lot of areas due to all the water and the vegetation is incredibly high and thick. On a side note, I did not shoot well today, so much so that my dog took out an ad on Craigslist "looking for a new hunting partner cause the old man just doesn't have it anymore". Really!!!! Well guess who will be sleeping in separate beds tonight!

GLTA

10/24/19 @ 8:12 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

had 1/2  hour or so this evening.  was getting dark when we got there with the clouds.  wanted to take the dog since I'll be gone for 4 days.  didn't expect anything at all, just figured we were out for a quick walk.   went off Wilton and walked fast to cover as much as possible and surprisingly he put up a bird.  not sure if they released today or we just got really lucky.  either way it was a pleasant surprise.  so-so rooster with not a single tail feather!

off 59 I thought maybe it's because of the soy beans and they're not releasing there until they're harvested?   but as mentioned, have heard very little to no shooting and not seeing people in lots, and that's being out every day this week.  

cool you got a bird ace, stinks it took 3 hours!   

took a short walk off 59 yesterday, again just to get the dog out and talked to a couple guys on my way out.   any lake-linkers?  

heading north to musky fish, good luck this weekend.  hope it's better!  I won't be out so it probably will be!  lol  good luck ace, lilygirl and everyone else.

10/24/19 @ 6:39 PM
the ace
the ace
User since 4/20/14

rpole,

Went off 59 on opening day and got a hen after 3 hours. That's all we saw and hunted with a good dog. Usually we see a lot more birds on opening day. I don't think the DNR is stocking the way they usually do.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.