Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Pheasant 2020

4/29/20 @ 10:28 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

The DNR will be reducing the pheasant stocking from 75000 to 50000 because of covid 19. Also no day old chick program this year. 

I read this in the latest WON paper.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 36 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/14/20 @ 8:06 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

The SD season runs through the end of January.

12/14/20 @ 6:58 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Is season still open in SD?? That’s a bucket list hunt for me! I’m off the week of christmas and would go out there if the season was open?? 

Im curious why you said you will find out how good your dog is?? Is it the terrain?? Is it the wild birds?? 

I’m trying to be humble but I’m pretty sure my dog would thrive! She out hunts every dog I have ever hunted with!! I feel like we get more shooting than most people on the public land?? She comes from a great hunting gene pool! She is relentless and never gives up! Every time she comes home her nose and eyes are bleeding! I’m obviously biased and everyone thinks there dog is the best but I would put my last dollar that she would out hunt any pointer or spaniel 

signed one happy hunter!!

I looooooove pheasant hunting 

12/13/20 @ 9:53 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

If you have an "itch", go to SD and hunt some wild birds.  You won't be sorry but may be humbled a bit.  Hit some public land/ditches and learn what real pheasant hunting is all about.  You'll see how good your dog really is.

12/8/20 @ 6:07 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

That is great news pool! I had a lot of luck the last week of season last year!

I guess I just have to work harder the next two weeks 

Good luck to everyone able to get out

12/7/20 @ 2:34 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

They stocked less this year because of covid, they will put birds at some locations the week of the 21st for the holidays.  Bong is one of them. Good luck.

12/7/20 @ 12:22 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

I’m new to pheasant hunting and I hunted Tichigan twice(no birds) than finished my year at bong(lots of birds) last year and loved it! 

Now bong stopped stocking on november 29th for some reason?? Last year they stocked through december 21 and it was a great year! Anyone in the know on here??? 

Luckily my dog is really good and she flushed 8 birds and I was able to get 3 of them this weekend so there are a few birds left but Im afraid most of the birds will be gone by next weekend?? 

What are all you guys doing for the next month to get your pheasant hunting itch??

I guess i’m just confused why they stopped stocking birds so early this year and do you think there will be enough birds to hunt the last three weeks of season?? I’m not afraid to hunt hard as long as there is a few birds left???

Sorry for long post but I was pretty bummed out there done stocking for the year! 

11/26/20 @ 10:56 AM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

I drove by when they were burning, the smoke was unreal, as were the flames in some areas.   turned around and hunted off Wilton, the smoke wasn't hitting there.  didn't see a bird and when I got back into the truck it still smelt like smoke.

speaking of Wilton, this is a longshot but did anyone lose anything out there?  article of clothing so to speak.   if so, let me know, if described correctly, I'll get it back to you.

11/21/20 @ 9:36 PM
Bdub
User since 5/19/10

Nice rooster buddy. ThTs a mutant strand, released by one of the game farms. 

Lily yes they burned kettle 2.5 weeks ago. It was intentional. While it stinks during pheasant season, it’s the best time to clean up the fields

11/21/20 @ 7:25 PM
thinblueline
User since 1/25/10

Shot this guy yesterday on a small state owned wetland. Almost didn’t shoot when it flushed into the sun because it looked different and I thought it was hen...until it cackled and then I touched off on the trigger. Of course he dumped into the cattails and by the time my dogs found it, it was quite soaked and bedraggled.

11/20/20 @ 9:43 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

I went out to Kettle moraine to hunt and I was in shock when i saw the whole field was burned.  Does anyone know if it was a controlled burn?  Surprised by the timing, in middle of pheasant season and right before deer season? Doesnt seem to make sense.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 36 POSTS
Advertise here
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
MEGA ImagingĀ® takes fish finding into the megahertz range for more detail and domination. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.