Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
User since 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,282 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/15/20 @ 10:20 AM
Tealioitis
User since 4/5/13

Used to love hunting in forest county dating back to the eighties. Seems every cycle is weaker than the last. What’s changed?? More coyotes, wolves, bears, and turkey maybe have something to do with it?

9/12/20 @ 10:50 AM
Tatertotives
User since 7/24/20

Any one seeing any grouse around Lincoln or Taylor counties WI - and are the leaves starting change yet

TYIA

9/8/20 @ 7:33 PM
wam80
User since 1/31/09

Ok, so I’ll put necedah on a maybe list.  Anyone have an outlook for Jackson and Clark county?  

9/4/20 @ 9:25 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

wam80 - I'm hunting N.WI before Thanksgiving.  And honestly, I don't hunt down there much anymore. 

9/3/20 @ 7:26 PM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

Took the pooch for a walk out the back door a few nights ago. Didnt take very long for him to lock up and flush a bird. Put up 3 and the pooch and myself started getting ourselves in shape for the smack down....

9/3/20 @ 11:21 AM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
User since 8/23/01

Been roaming N Oconto and S Forest Counties the last few months and have not seen a grouse.  Heard one drumming earlier in the year.  I dont know what happened to this region.  There is fresh logging and still nothing.  I have so many fun memories of grousing in the 90s and early 2000s, but its really fallen off the last 10 years.  What gives?  Any other ideas out there.  Looks like West Nile isnt the cause.  Its not hunting pressure either.  

9/2/20 @ 7:21 PM
wam80
User since 1/31/09

Thanks hunter&hound..how come you wait till after thanksgiving?  It looks like anything north of hwy 21 is a September open.  Do you have any insight into woodcock?

9/2/20 @ 2:19 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

wam80 - There's definitely birds there.  It's a tough area to hunt.  It's much different than hunting in N.WI.  

I usually don't hunt that area until after Thanksgiving.

9/2/20 @ 1:54 PM
wam80
User since 1/31/09

Any outlook for the Necedah Refuge area?  Have not tried there in many many years.  Since I am am loosing my bowhunting area this year, I might want to put some miles on my upland boots.

9/2/20 @ 5:13 AM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

I have been spending a lot of time in Marinette and Forest County forests this summer  bear baiting and sadly I have not seen many grouse at all. I have only seen one brood of little ones and that was early summer. In my opinion things are not looking good for grouse hunting this fall. 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,282 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.