Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 10:53 AM
ORIGNAL POST
150class
User since 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 2,238 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/2/19 @ 6:39 PM
canoer59
User since 8/17/19

Nice. How many shots fired?

11/2/19 @ 6:25 PM
Brule100
User since 3/6/18

3 guys...62 grouse flushed and 7 dead. Passed up 15 woodcock.

11/2/19 @ 4:43 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

I saw a lot of birds today but they were spooky.  Hard to get close before they flushed...these are pressured birds and have been hunted.  

I only got 1 but it was fun watching the girls work.  Probably one of my better days as far as bird contact goes.

It's been an incredible fall...so many partridge. 

11/2/19 @ 12:18 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

Brother in law is up in Iron County right now. Hit the woods first thing this morning and just reported he has not seen a single bird. Good conditions. Little wind and he has an amazing little griff. They shut down on us a couple weeks ago for some reason. Anyone else seeing the same?

10/31/19 @ 9:27 PM
Brule100
User since 3/6/18

Read the research from PA. I've hunted grouse for 40 years and understand our current situation in regards to a  cyclical peak population is not right. Maybe your smarter than everyone else and have a research-based answer for what's going on. Please pass on your knowledge to the WI DNR so they restore the regular season closure.

10/30/19 @ 6:43 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

If WNV makes you want to run around like your hair is on fire, you should join the paranoia on the Upland Journal website.

10/29/19 @ 8:11 PM
Brule100
User since 3/6/18

If you haven't researched the mortality rate of WNV on ruffed grouse, I encourage you to do so. I'm very frustrated by ignorance.

10/29/19 @ 8:11 PM
Brule100
User since 3/6/18

If you haven't researched the mortality rate of WNV on ruffed grouse, I encourage you to do so. I'm very frustrated by ignorance.

10/29/19 @ 6:49 AM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

6 guys and a couple dogs pushed Marinette County forest/new growth and edges this past weekend. Several grouse flushes is all we had. Woodcock on the way out. Left gang behind and ATV'd to back of good looking cover, walked gently into spruce edge and heard the grouse I ended up shooting walking under the trees 10' away. Shot as it flushed, our only grouse in hand. Hit the Peshtigo and feeder stream for a cast and blast in the canoe. Only 2 ducks seen, but 2 geese did not leave their grassy backwater. 

10/29/19 @ 4:22 AM
TNVOL
TNVOL
User since 10/10/17

The West Nile virus rates reported are exposure rates, not disease incident rates.  Only a small percentage of the birds that are exposed actually showed clinical signs of the disease.  For example, a similar level of WNV exposure has been found in turkeys in TN but no one is worried about WNV in turkeys!  Of the hundreds of grouse in the WNV study, only a very few actually showed clinical signs of the disease.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 2,238 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.