Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 10:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
USER SINCE 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,531 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/25/22 @ 8:10 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER SINCE 4/20/16

Garden hose with screws through it????

11/25/22 @ 3:53 PM
150class
USER SINCE 8/24/01

Yes, pretty sure the dnr enforces snowmobile laws and machines as well. 

11/25/22 @ 3:11 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Is ATV enforcement a DNR issue?  Field staff is stretched though opinions vary.

11/25/22 @ 3:01 PM
Graceonpoint
USER SINCE 10/24/17

I wrote the Hayward Area Chamber of Conference, few weeks ago and told them about my negative experience with all the UTVs in the area, and that there appeared to be zero enforcement on where they can and cant be (ie circumventing gates and berms), speed, and drinking while operating.  Anyways they did write me back and said the local trail coordinator is putting up signs to remind atv users of speed limits and he was in contact local law enforcement.  I suspect speed limits signs will work about as well as signs on the gates that say no motorized vehicles.  Its a joke, I think if maybe if more people brought attention to the issue it might help.  

11/25/22 @ 7:14 AM
Bowhunting Guy
USER SINCE 5/22/18

Ihookem, Oneida County. Not the quiet north woods it once was. 

11/24/22 @ 9:13 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

Bowhunterguy, what county are you in? I am around the west side of Price and eastern Sawyer co. I can't stand those ATV's. They go where ever they want with no respect for anyone. 

11/23/22 @ 9:47 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

River;

That’s grouse hunting. I’ve had years where I hit everything I pointed at. Case in point; last year I shot 10 birds with 12 shells total on one trip. Last month, I shot three over five days and fired 27 shells. Not great. But always fun!

11/14/22 @ 6:08 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Ive done terrible shooting this year and today was a classic miss of another gimme. 3 shots down a wide open logging trail and all missed.  In the 2 years previous I would take too much time to aim and shoot and not get off a meaningful shot.  

Now this year is just the opposite where I  just point and shoot. I am probably shooting too high and behind. BUT ITS CALLED A SCATTERGUN FOR A REASON  .  

11/14/22 @ 3:05 PM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Thats awesome!  gorgeous dogs

11/14/22 @ 8:08 AM
Duffin
USER SINCE 12/16/10

The Bearded ladies had an exceptional hunt 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,531 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's new Skandic Ice Series rods support precise presentations while offering extreme durability, custom looks, high-quality components, and angler-preferred ergonomics. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Skandic Ice Rods
Okuma's new Ceymar HD spinning reels are lightweight and feature-packed with a corrosion-resistant frame, side plate and rotor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar HD Spinning Reel
Strikemaster has lightened the proven Lithium 40v for run & gun fishing by adding the Lite-Flite Lazer™ Drill Unit. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Lithium 40V Lite
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.