Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
USER SINCE 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,409 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/23/22 @ 9:21 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

High hopes for Iron County this year.  Reports of lots of drumming and females on the nest.  I'm already excited.

5/23/22 @ 9:49 AM
Direwolf66
MEMBER SINCE 2/21/20

Lots of drumming in Sawyer County too!

5/22/22 @ 8:54 PM
Pool8
USER SINCE 1/27/17

Up in the Iron river mi area this weekend on our land. Non stop drumming all weekend. 

5/17/22 @ 12:38 PM
Greenstuff
USER SINCE 10/17/21

Was in western UP first week of May. Saw quite a few birds and heard lots of drumming. Even caught drumming on a trail cam.

2/16/22 @ 11:35 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

They are almost non existing in central Waushara Co. I used to see a few, or at least hear drumming.   But nothing in the last 15 years or so . Too many coyotes,  not enough snow for warmth, eaten by turkeys?  

1/7/22 @ 4:29 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Every year I plan to get up north for the end of the season. Just one more hunt. Then the holidays and work creep in and ruin my plans. 

I am haunted by the birds I missed in familiar cover in the fall that I 100% planned to follow up on in December. 

Well. Only ten more months to go….

1/4/22 @ 10:50 PM
Fritz
USER SINCE 6/27/01

Got out today for one last hunt for this season. I got up no birds, saw no tracks and not surprisingly, no other hunters.  I have not hunted this woods in a couple of years, but in the past, I have always got birds up in this woods at this time of the year.  

While woods get older, Wood County has done a good job of cutting it and creating varied year classes.  Plenty of aspen if different year classes. Evergreens for winter cover.  I wasn't expecting getting a limit, but at least a flush as I have always gotten at least 1 if not a couple of flushes.

A couple of days left, I think I will go hunting pheasant hunting. 

Fritz

12/20/21 @ 4:27 PM
samfox
USER SINCE 3/17/09

Fritz,  north west Vilas co., Crab lake area. This is also the same area that I contracted viral encephalitis. Most likely from a mosquito 

12/19/21 @ 5:13 PM
Fritz
USER SINCE 6/27/01

samfox,

would you share what county you were in with the EEE grouse?

Thanks,

Fritz

12/19/21 @ 4:33 PM
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

It;s been a very good year hear in Central Wisconsin.... I made it up to the Willow Res a few times this year with poor results.... Mostly hunted around home where "There are no birds...."  and managed to scratch out 16 grouse and 6 phesant with a very energetic 1 y/o Britt. "Swampy"

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,409 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.