MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
150class
USER since 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,154 Posts
5/9/19 @ 2:50 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER since 8/24/07

I’m up in MN this week. Nine inches of snow in the Duluth area. Wow. 

Post Your Comment
5/9/19 @ 9:33 AM
Swamp buck
Swamp buck
USER since 1/23/09

Not sure what the North has been getting for rain but SE WI has had more than its share. Lets hope the spring storms aren't too hard on the new chicks. I can't wait for September

Post Your Comment
5/9/19 @ 7:53 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER since 8/24/07

Family members report seeing quite a few birds in Iron and Vilas counties. Way more than last year. Good to hear looks like a good number survived the winter.  Look forward to drumming counts. 

Post Your Comment
3/31/19 @ 6:05 PM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Fritz, that is great advice. I have a frozen grouse that I use at times. I have been cutting wood and doing maple trees so I wasn't really expecting this amount of bird sightings this weekend as we walked but I will use the grouse as a reward. thanks

Post Your Comment
3/31/19 @ 12:20 PM
Fritz
Fritz
USER since 6/27/01

PSE,

When I take my dog out for walks at this time of the year, I take a dummy or frozen pigeon along.  If he sits on the flush, (springer) I throw it out for a retrieve as a reward.

Fritz

Post Your Comment
3/31/19 @ 12:03 PM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

kicked up 4 grouse on Saturday with the dog so I'm happy with that. Wish they held this tight during the fall.  today she locked up on six woodcock so that flight is coming through central wi. that was in the space of about 100 yards. good training. sorry I cant drop anything for her to bring back though. 

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 8:02 AM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
USER since 7/24/01

Even though we still have a couple feet of snow yet in Northern Wisconsin I am starting to see some grouse out by the road edges. Actually have seen quite a few in the past week or so. That is encouraging.

Post Your Comment
3/4/19 @ 1:12 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER since 8/24/07

Ha ha ha....

I hear you on that.

Post Your Comment
2/18/19 @ 6:12 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Is it October yet?

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 8:46 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

Short season sucks.  Or maybe the nonstop deer season sucks.  Took my five year old squirrel hunting new year's Eve day. Seen a squirrel. Three Rabbit and seven grouse.  Had the 22.  Prime numbers the last couple years in my neck of the woods

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,154 Posts