Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
USER SINCE 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,326 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/18/21 @ 12:17 PM
canoer59
USER SINCE 8/17/19

Was up in northern MN this past week,  before the season opened unfortunately,  but went hiking and flushed 4 birds in 45 minutes. Getting pumped for my next day off of work...

9/18/21 @ 11:48 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Season begins today up north.  Anyone get out this morning?  

9/15/21 @ 10:35 PM
rocks
USER SINCE 6/26/01

Looking forward to this year.  The first weekend of grouse season last year I had to crawl out of the woods as I took out my leg when I stepped in a hole.  That ended my season.  Last week I did some road checks in the morning and around 5pm in the park falls area and did not see many birds.  I have not hunted clam lake area and wondering if it looks better there?

9/11/21 @ 6:22 AM
Tacoeye
USER SINCE 7/28/16

I was looking forward to a trip up to the partridge woods this weekend, but the dog had other plans last weekend when she dropped /chased her tennis ball underneath the boat trailer as I was parking , 13 staples on one wound and 25 and a drain tube on another wound. Poor girl, grouse get a break from us til October, every weekend of October we will be at it with a vengeance

9/10/21 @ 3:34 PM
Joe B.
USER SINCE 2/3/17

Birdy:

We got really lucky on the weather last year. We hunted the last week of Sept in 2020 so the dates were Sept 26-Oct 3. I was really worried it was gonna be too hot but a cold front came through and the temps were about perfect for hunting that. Two of my buddies drove out from PA and hunted a few days before Sept 26 in the UP and they just about died in 70 degree plus temps. We are gonna be up there three weeks later this fall, so hopefully a lot less leaves and obviously cooler temps. Just hopefully not too cold.

9/10/21 @ 11:10 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Joe B.

Sounds like you had a great trip last year. Clam lake area is awesome. We picked the wrong week and ended up in heavy wet snow for five days. Few birds seen and I only managed two in the bag with only ten flushes. Worst weather conditions. We will make up for it this year. Headed up for our first trip 10/18. Cannot wait. 

9/9/21 @ 7:42 PM
Joe B.
USER SINCE 2/3/17

Getting to be about that time of year! I can't wait. Me and a few older buddies will be headed back to the Clam Lake area again this year for a week of chasing grouse and woodcock. Last year 4 of us flushed a total of 124 birds (grouse and woodcock combined) in 6 days of hunting. Hoping for another good trip. Best of luck to everyone in the field this fall.

8/25/21 @ 10:12 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Wam80:

I don’t hunt south of Hwy 70 so I can’t comment on Parrish Highlands area. However, if you are willing to travel just a little farther north, I can give you a few tips on areas to explore. Send me a PM. 

8/24/21 @ 7:48 PM
Winchester30
USER SINCE 10/20/12

https://ruffedgrousesociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/GrouseCamp20212.pdf

8/24/21 @ 9:05 AM
wam80
USER SINCE 1/31/09

New to grouse hunting and new to the Parrish/Highlands area.  Would anyone have any insight into how grouse/woodcock numbers and success in the area has been in the past?  I will be looking at learning the area this fall and exploring.  Looking to learning new upland species.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,326 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.