Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
150class
USER SINCE 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,312 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/21/21 @ 3:06 PM
cantworkgottafish
USER SINCE 5/8/10

What about Spruce Grouse, have any of you ever seen one in Wisconsin?  

I saw an article about them somewhere a few years ago.  I think the DNR said there are a few like 1000 or so estimated to be in Wisconsin.  I hunt grouse a lot but have never seen one.  I know that they cannot be shot but it would be neat to see one.

7/21/21 @ 1:14 PM
Swamp buck
USER SINCE 1/23/09

Very nice!

7/21/21 @ 11:45 AM
Whywork
USER SINCE 7/6/09

I was lucky enough to draw one of 25 available tags back in 2016 for a sharptail hunt in the northwestern part of the state and managed to bag my first and only Wisconsin sharptail grouse on Opening Day. It was a lot of fun and convinced me to head out west to try for a few more the next year. My brother and I have gone back out to Montana every year since. Unfortunately, that was the last year that a season has been held in Wisconsin and it's quite possible it might have been the last one ever, although I really hope not. I think that i remember reading that 7 grouse were harvested that year. Hope they won't be the last.

7/15/21 @ 8:31 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
USER SINCE 3/14/06

We used to deer hunt a little ways SW of Babcock/Sandhill. We’d see a few around, away from the timber out in the grassier areas.

7/14/21 @ 10:37 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

I haven’t seen a single sharp tail in 15 plus years. I don’t know anyone who bagged one in at least that long. 

7/13/21 @ 6:41 AM
Swamp buck
USER SINCE 1/23/09

Did anyone hunt for sharp-tails in this state? I don't know of anyone. I did see a fair amount of grouse this winter in spots I never see them so I am hopeful for this season

7/12/21 @ 9:31 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

LOL thats sharptail grouse

i heard something on the news too but got distracted by other matters so I didnt hear the story and just assumed wolf season got cancelled,  Just looked it up and its the Sharptail

7/12/21 @ 7:10 PM
Quester
USER SINCE 1/28/07

I thought I heard grouse season has been cancelled in Wisconsin.

7/7/21 @ 6:03 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Any word on how the broods look this season?  I think we had favorable weather so maybe that would offset the lower drumming counts. 

6/22/21 @ 9:36 AM
clueless
USER SINCE 10/24/04

The DNR released the spring drumming survey. Numbers are down from 2019.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,312 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.