SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

DIY out-of-state upland hunting

9/13/19 @ 12:04 PM
INITIAL POST
wam80
User since 1/31/09

I have been looking at doing a DIY out-of-state upland hunt and have been researching different states, lands open to public, camping areas, dog friendly lodging, etc.  I thought starting a new thread that people in the same boat as me can look or that fellow sportsman that have made the trip and can recommend areas of states and lodging.

Any info anyone would like to share would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/22/19 @ 4:53 PM
wam80
User since 1/31/09

Anybody ever hunt the Fort Pierre grasslands?  Any dog friendly lodging recommendations?  Anybody camp?  

9/14/19 @ 12:59 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

My son is in college at Iowa.  I was thinking about a public land hunt later this fall.  Never hunted there so not quite sure where to begin.  I have him asking around with some of the local kids.

9/13/19 @ 1:36 PM
mike51098
User since 1/10/08

I'm also looking into a DIY upland hunt.  I'm considering several states, I wanted to go early to NE, but I want to stay away from snakes.

Probably look at SD like everyone else.  Montana would be cool too.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE