Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2022 Pheasant Hunting

5/1/22 @ 4:04 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tailsneyes
USER SINCE 11/29/19

With the finding of the bird flu in several different locations in Wisconsin. What are everyone's thoughts on what the DNR will do for production and release numbers. May your dogs work good and your shot be true come October.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 28 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/27/22 @ 5:50 PM
Pool8
USER SINCE 1/27/17

The dnr has posted the holiday hunt properties , there are 25 of them. I like checking out different areas as the season gets long. 

11/24/22 @ 9:10 AM
Chiro-Chris
Chiro-Chris
USER SINCE 4/8/13

Too bad Lake Link removed all the previous years of posts as it used to display. If you could look, as in the past, you would see a dramatic decrease in posts in this forum the last couple years. 

A  dramatic loss of posts. Must have been Covid 19. No one had time to hunt or something I guess.

Wisconsin used to do Christmas planting all over the state. Wisconsin stopped it after  2011.

Now Wisconsin DNR focuses on central and southern counties for unknown reasons: money, money money? Mandate and sell a stamp to fund the birds and then resell these birds for extra at Bong. Hmmmm. . . 

Wisconsin started stocking and selling state birds, 11,000 birds per season, at Bong. about the same time as the DNR stopped a statewide Christmas release. That is like stocking 9 Killsnake Wildlife or 10 Billion Wildlife or 6 Kettle Moraine Wildlife areas,  https://dnr.wi.gov/pheasantstocking/

Thank gosh the politicians at Madison and folks paying extra to hunt at Bong will have extra Christma pheasant stockings I guess.

Merry Merry Christmas Wisconsin

The Wisconsin DNR can stuff it someplace deep and dark for Thanksgiving

11/11/22 @ 3:15 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Hit the game farm today. Put out a few. Wound up with Abby pointing 12 and me shooting at ten and hitting 100%. She retrieved every one to hand. Big changes in the dog this season. I could not be happier. 

11/8/22 @ 8:01 PM
Pool8
USER SINCE 1/27/17

Got out today the pup kicked up three woodcock.  

We were done and I was casing my gun , the wind changed and the dog whirled around and ran to the edge of the lot and flushed a nice bird. Made me laugh after all the walking. 

11/6/22 @ 12:39 PM
tailsneyes
USER SINCE 11/29/19

Got out this morning put up 2 roosters. Not sure how to post pictures. Tomorrow will be pheasant fettuccine alfredo with some broccoli. Love watching the dog work.

10/23/22 @ 2:39 PM
Tacoeye
USER SINCE 7/28/16

Big dog pointed out a cripple and flushed a runner, puppy just out for the experience. 

10/20/22 @ 4:37 AM
Tacoeye
USER SINCE 7/28/16

10 month old Ava on point at a chukar! # da koda kennels& waterman creek kennels!

10/18/22 @ 8:23 PM
Ranger519VX
USER SINCE 6/27/05

Hunted Scuppenong this evening and scratched one out. Hit another hen, puffed some feathers off it an the bird sailed a ways in the wind. Some other “hunter” saw it and took his dog and ran over to the area it landed to look for it.  Not kidding.  

10/18/22 @ 6:42 AM
Bdub
USER SINCE 5/19/10

They’re gonna be fast up in this wind. Make sure to lead em!

10/17/22 @ 5:12 PM
Bdub
USER SINCE 5/19/10

2022 is off and running. Surprised how few hunters were out. Granted I hunted later in the day, but odd. Good luck this year everyone. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 28 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's new Skandic Ice Series rods support precise presentations while offering extreme durability, custom looks, high-quality components, and angler-preferred ergonomics. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Skandic Ice Rods
Strikemaster has lightened the proven Lithium 40v for run & gun fishing by adding the Lite-Flite Lazerâ„¢ Drill Unit. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Lithium 40V Lite
Okuma's new Ceymar HD spinning reels are lightweight and feature-packed with a corrosion-resistant frame, side plate and rotor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar HD Spinning Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.