Lake-Link

Zone 3 Fall Turkey!!

10/14/14 @ 6:53 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Hey there, fellow Lake Linkers!!

Did not see a Zone 3 report board, so I thought I would make one up!!

How is everyone doing in Zone 3 this fall?

Get those posts up!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/17/14 @ 10:03 AM
land man
User since 9/12/06
The guys who hunt on our farms in zone 3 have done well this fall with 3 birds in the freezer so far. They have trail cameras out, see what time they tend to come walking down field roads and ambush them that way. Plenty of turkeys out there in southern Marathon/northern Portage counties.

My son and I saw several flocks out when we were youth deer hunting.

10/16/14 @ 4:05 PM
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Hey, guys!!

Sorry for the late report!! Got home yesterday and got doing other things and I forgot to post!! (That's what happens when you get my age!!)

We got into the woods a bit early at around 6:40 or so. It was still dark and drizzling. We were hoping to scare some out of the roost but no go on that!! At first we set up on a known roosting ridge on my friends land. I was in a deer stand and my partner was about 50 yards away. Did not see any.

Went to breakfast around 8:00 and came back to try our luck again. As we were walking back to my friends field, we saw about 4 turkeys about 70 yards from us. I got behind a tree while my friend tried to flush them my way. We were too slow!! They were able to make it to the corn!! We did see quite a few nice size fox squirrels working though!! I then set up just across my friends field to see if I could catch them coming out of the field or coming in from the corn that was just outside our land. NO DICE!!! Dull Dull We packed it in early to get a good start home. Stopped in at Gander Mountain along the way looking for .22 LR shells, but did not find any!!

Did not hear anyone else out yesterday in our area. Seemed to us the turkeys also had the same idea!!

All in all, we had a good and safe time out in the woods. Going to try and get out a little more this season!!!

Take care all and catch you in the woods!!

Steve Timm

10/14/14 @ 6:57 PM
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Greetings fellow Lake Linkers!!

My hunting partner and I are going up to his land north of Pardeeville tomorrow to see if we can't scare up some turkeys!!

We are going to see if we can't catch some coming down out of the roost!! We will be in the woods around 6:30 or so.

Will try to put a post up later tomorrow to let you guys know how we did!!

Take care, guys and stay safe in the woods!!

Steve Timm

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.