Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
4/20/22 @ 2:18 PM
81JackT
User since 1/17/21

Son's first bird.

4/16/22 @ 7:11 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Any one out this morning?  I located a couple birds yesterday morning.  We setup on them this morning on them.  They were already gobbling.  I called once and they never made a peep after that so moved to an area they hang out.  Seen 1 hen so far 

Youth Hunt photo by Dave1234
4/18/21 @ 12:09 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

congrats guys on them first birds what an awesome weekend to spend in the woods with family!

waupaca co:

had my 13 yr old nephew out for his first turkey hunt as well, yesterday morning it was fairly slow had 3 hens come through and 2 jakes that stayed just out of range, nothing after that so saw he was starting to get figity so we packed up and had lunch and went sat up the blind on another property, got in about 5pm and not long after we had 2 toms coming from our left they stayed just out of range for the 20ga. but put on a show for several minutes gobbling! back and forth by the chattering of my nephews teeth I could tell he was as excited as I was. Those 2 toms drifted off and about an hr later 2 hens came scratching through with a nice size jake in tow told him to get up and get ready he got a bead on um and shot, miss! shot again flopped um down, by the time we ran out of the blind they all took off running and glided away, wth! we were both deflated but he took it well and was ready for another try I was proud of him for not wanting to give up, we backed out and got in early this AM, had birds gobblin all around us on the roost and had 2 hens come through cuttin and puring so that was great a couple toms fired up again about 10am  but never showed up. thats huntin just was blessed to have had that time and opportunity to be out with my nephew and seeing his anticipation and excitement, made me remember why we do all of this.

goodhuntin all, its time for the kings of spring!

4/18/21 @ 7:35 AM
Blowing feathers
User since 2/15/16

4/17/2021 a day I won’t forget. My 7 year old fist bird. Told my wife the day he was born his fist kill would be a Turkey (born on 4/6). Very quite on the roost in the morning and at 6:30 it was on. At least 3 or 4 toms fired up and sounded like a small group of jakes. Had a hen walk out shortly after and took a nap and preen her feathers with my decoys for 10 min. In that time they stopped gobbling. I didn’t want to call and spook her, at about 6:52 I heard the famous spit and drum, and so did my son. He was with in 10 yards of the blind. He strutted to the corner of the blind window and put on a show, and the shaking started mostly from me. After what seemed like a hour ( only 2 min) he walked right down the barrel I whispered ok when u got the bead on his neck go BOOM didn’t get the rest out of my mouth and the bird did a back flip. 23 lbs 10 1/4 beard 1 1/4 Spurs shot with his moms 20 gage. I asked what you think. 2 best response that way better than video games and I told you I wanted to go.

4/17/21 @ 7:49 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Congratulations to your son Rock river thats a great start to the season. He should remember it for a lifetime.

4/17/21 @ 6:38 PM
rock river
User since 7/26/07

My son harvested his first turkey this morning at 745 am! 10 years old w the 12ga!  Was one of the best turkey hunts I ever had. A crow fired this gobbler up a far ways away and I knew he was hot. We got on the call and played back and forth. He gobbled all the way in and hung up 20 yds away. He gobbled his head off. Shaking us in the blind. We still couldn't see him yet and didn't have a shot out of the blind window. Finally he committed, charging the jake decoy on the other side of our blind, passing by us at just 5yds. I swung around on the shooting sticks and my son settled the barrel down and back out the other window. Bang! 15yds maybe.. gave it to him. What a great hunt and memory. 

4/10/21 @ 8:29 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Grandson heads out on his last youth hunt next Saturday.  I'll just sit an watch. He's learn much in the past 5 years, besides he hears & sees much more than me !! Guess I was a good mentor.......

5/6/20 @ 10:34 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

A fun hunt with Benji - he had opportunities to kill three gobblers.  Finally got it done!

4/12/20 @ 6:53 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Nice birds, thanks for the reports.

4/12/20 @ 6:18 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Tough weekend for my grandson in Crawford county, rain, fog, wind, no gobbling, or activity, saw two hens is all.

4/12/20 @ 4:49 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Scouted Friday morning and located 2 groups of birds.  Saturday morning the first group was gobbling  like crazy but went silent after hitting the ground.  Moved to the second group at 7am.  1 lone bird in the field gobbling like mad.  Setup but he wouldn’t  move.  After 15min I got very aggressive on the call and he could not take it any more.  Came over the hill at 20yrd with sun on him!  A memory we will both never forget!  Smoked him.  10in beard and 1.25 spurs!  This was his first bird.

4/12/20 @ 4:33 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Del Roy, that is awesome!

Tim

4/12/20 @ 3:12 PM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14

After careful planning and preparation, with staying on our property and packing in all supplies, we were able to make it out this weekend.  My 10yo made the most of it with this big Tom, his first bird.  Great experience!  Good luck to everyone, stay smart and safe and have fun this season.

4/12/20 @ 10:54 AM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

Out for almost 11 hours SW part of state, heard one, saw zero. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE