Anyone have any experience with the Winchester SXP Turkey models at all (LongBeard, NWTF, Hybrid Turkey, etc)? I have an older Remington 870 that has a lot of sentimental value that I just spent many hours stripping, sanding and refinishing the walnut stock on and I don't want to beat it all up turkey hunting. It also has a 28" barrel, which I don't like for turkey hunting due to the length and weight (makes the gun barrel heavy and hits every branch above your head when walking through the woods with it slung on your shoulder).

My uncle has a couple of the Winchester NWTF Model 1300's that he speaks very highly of. I realize the SXP is imported from Turkey and not made in the USA and they had some issues with the action bar welds breaking on some of the early ones in 2013 and 2014, but looking for first hand experience from someone here that may own one. They are priced about the same as a Mossberg 500, but I have a 20 gauge Mossberg and cannot STAND the forend rattle on them. It is 2021 and Mossberg 500's have had that problem for 40 years and they have not addressed it, which is unacceptable to me. The SXP, from what I felt when I handled one, seemed like a nice, tight shotgun for $400-450. I don't want to spend $600+ on a turkey gun that is going to be carried through wet foliage, in the rain/snow, etc. I'm happy with how my stock turned out on the 870 and would rather not spend 60+ hours refinishing it again in the future. I guess I'm only looking for first hand info, not the "my daddy's brother's friend's uncle's boss heard from a guy..." kind of thing. If no one has info, I may just take a gamble and try one. It isn't a gun that I'm going to put 10,000 rounds through shooting trap or sporting clays. It will be set up and used primarily for turkey hunting.