MORE
Turkey Hunting

Turkey hunting in 2020

3/23/20 @ 7:23 PM
INITIAL POST
Gill-bert
Gill-bert
User since 6/19/16

Hoping we will be able to hunt this spring.  I enjoy turkey hunting and hopefully myself and everyone else will be allowed to hunt this year. 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
4/2/20 @ 8:18 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Gruman, I know it's not the most convenient and for a first time turkey hunter can be pretty tricky.. but no blind might be a better option? You could set up some type of mesh netting for some concealment and both of you could sit against a tree that is a few feet away from each other - but close enough you can communicate. That way you aren't stuck inside a blind together -- If you could find a way to meet at the farm rather than travel together, then you could keep the recommended distance? Just a thought so you don't have to cancel all together.. good luck with whatever decision you make!

4/2/20 @ 8:10 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Gruman-  This is a personal decision for everyone.. Want to state that I just love turkey hunting and the whole experience.. I have mentored several young men over the years and it is so rewarding. Having said that I am cancelling plans to hunt with my nephew's son for the Youth hunt.. I made that decision last week but it was reinforced when my wife and I were notified last night about someone we both know testing positive and having to go to the hospital. Can't state enough how much I love the sport/mentoring process but for me there are more important considerations right now.

Want to be clear that I am not preaching to anyone. If you do go I would consider two blinds or some set-up to keep the recommended distance.. Be safe and best of luck to anyone who goes out.  

4/1/20 @ 3:57 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

I 2nd that Phowlsant. 

4/1/20 @ 12:35 PM
phowlsant
phowlsant
User since 2/25/12

Covid means nothing if you have the bird flu.

Cant wait to take my oldest for youth...and i have the first week

4/1/20 @ 8:39 AM
GRUMAN
User since 6/18/01

Question about the youth hunt. I have always mentored/hunted with my grandkids and we hunt a short distance from my home. What are others doing about hunting with someone (family) that does not live in their home? Grandkids live less than 10 miles away and daughter was going to drop them off in the am to hunt. We hunt in a blind and will be in close quarters for the whole hunt. Please don't preach the Covid - 19 rules I've read them but the DNR is encouraging us to get outdoors and hunt. Just wanted to see what others have planned. Two blinds? Hunt outside of the blind? Don't hunt? Thanks   

3/27/20 @ 3:18 PM
PT Yooper
PT Yooper
User since 11/1/11

County by county in Wisconsin are recommending stay at your primary residence.

https://www.apg-wi.com/sawyer_county_record/free/sawyer-county-public-health-issues-travel-advisory/article_2c3a48d6-6bc8-11ea-ac7b-a7f0cd5d5b36.html

Please comply

3/24/20 @ 8:41 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I think it has been made quite clear that there will be no issues going hunting. It's a solo sport. As for travel ban, not. I can see the poster from Illinois possibly having an issue as I beleive they are having to show a reason for travel? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I will be heading out for 3rd season, End of April/Early May.

Tim

3/24/20 @ 5:48 PM
eaglea1
User since 10/6/11

I chatted online with the DNR today about this, and they assured me that we would be able to go turkey hunting. I suggested they post that information on their website.

3/24/20 @ 10:43 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Who or where is it saying a travel ban? 

3/24/20 @ 10:31 AM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14

Good post Giil-Bert.  My two boys and I won’t be able to make it up from Illinois to our Juneau County farm for the youth season this year, and I would some others may be in the same unfortunate situation.  We were all really looking forward to it, as it would have been my 10 year olds first hunt. Hoping things get better!

3/24/20 @ 9:01 AM
Gill-bert
Gill-bert
User since 6/19/16

Guess I'm an idiot but if I can't travel to my hunting area how am I supposed to hunt there?  Didn't say it will spread the covid-19 virus but if travel is forbid then what?  Not everyone can walk out their door and hunt from right by home!

3/24/20 @ 7:15 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
I am going turkey hunting this Spring one way or another. Just a few weeks!
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE