SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

Poults

6/11/12 @ 5:46 AM
INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
Saw my first on Saturday, not much bigger than a baseball .
Displaying 16 to 30 of 48 posts
9/20/16 @ 11:22 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10

There are two hens that come into my yard every other day or so in Marinette County.  A month or so ago there were 10 poults with them, last weekend there were 7 left.  They're about the size of a half grown grouse, what are the odds they will make it through the winter being this smalle this late in the year?

7/3/16 @ 12:21 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Saw our first ones today on t he way to church . Very young , smaller  than a hardball . But it looked like there were eight or so .

8/19/14 @ 6:50 PM
fishgodwi
User since 7/28/10
Was over n Juneau county by cabin and we had 2flocks by us that were almost full grown with almost full color and almost the size of the hens. Then another little flock that was about the size of a soft ball yet! Super tiny but so addorable!
8/18/14 @ 1:39 PM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
Was out checking cameras this past weekend. Saw about 50 turkeys, mostly polts of different sizes. Man - this area had very few turkeys in spring, and they have all seen to appear now.
8/10/14 @ 4:06 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
walked up on 5 little ones today. snatched one as it flew past my head. mother stood her ground 5 yards away.
9/16/13 @ 1:57 PM
mapper
User since 1/4/02
Saw a hen with her brood in southern Dane County last Thursday. The poults were the size of a softball at best. I had to do a double take to make sure of what I was seeing. Doubt they are going to make it through the winter. Mapper
9/3/13 @ 5:04 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Last week I saw hens with broods up the wazoo along the ditches of highway 70 in the Winter area. All shapes and sizes too.
9/2/13 @ 8:59 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
I saw some again Sunday the size of a grouse . With only 12 days to go they should make it unless someone is real hungry .
8/27/13 @ 9:06 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I saw the same thing last evening. I saw a hen in the field near my house and as I walked closer, I could see movement in the grass. They were softball size like you said. Wonder if that is a second batch? I think a grouse would have been bigger.
8/23/13 @ 6:30 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03
I saw a hen today with 2 groups of poults, One group looked more adult size but were clearly not adults. The other group was about the size of a softball. I couldn't believe how tiny they were. The season is only three weeks away! You can shoot a cornish hen this year! Tounge Out
8/12/13 @ 5:39 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
Saw two groups yesterday . In one they must have been a late hatch . Smaller than a volleyball .
6/23/13 @ 3:35 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
Saw nine today with mom . Walked across the road and flew down into ditch . About softball sized .
6/17/13 @ 3:29 PM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
I saw 3 toms fanning with about 8-9 hens last weekend. I wonder if they will have a few nest this year?
6/17/13 @ 7:53 AM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03
I've been seeing polts in Waukesha and I'm still seeing hens being breed. Its going to be a good year!
6/11/13 @ 1:28 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
I saw a hen out in a field on Saturday that may have had some . Real far away, but she looked like she was tending school .
Displaying 16 to 30 of 48 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE