MORE
Turkey Hunting

2023 Wisconsin turkey season

3/9/23 @ 10:17 AM
INITIAL POST
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09

Anyone looking to get out on some spring time gobbler action,I still have availability in zone 1,3 Both public and private land,2 day hunts. If you have not received a tag, remaining tags go on sale 10 am march 20th.

Zone-1 20th

Zone-2 21st

Zone-3 22nd

Zone 4 23rd

5th,6th,7th 24th

All remaining tags- Saturday, March 25th

2023 Wisconsin turkey season photo by greenwaterwalleye
Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts
5/30/23 @ 11:01 AM
wallstreet
User since 9/10/15
The kid graduated from pop cans to turkeys this year. Talk about a lucky guy. Missed his first bird day 1 of the youth hunt. Too excited. Killed a bird day 2 of the youth hunt. He spent the last few weeks reminding me how much he'd like to go out on a bonus tag for the last season. He killed another one on his bonus tag. Life is good.
5/23/23 @ 4:00 PM
Rattle em up
User since 4/19/21
Started this time period using the bow hunting zones 1 and 2. Had numerous encounters but never got an opening I needed to send an arrow thru. I usually don't hunt these last couple time periods but I didn't receive any tags for the first two time periods so I thought I would give it a try. Lots more variables meaning bugs, does having fawns, and of course more vegetation. Had two Toms heading right to my decoy (10 yards) when a doe came within 10 feet of me and of course started blowing. That's hunting. Took the shotgun today and finished the deal.
2023 Wisconsin turkey season photo by Rattle em up
5/23/23 @ 12:53 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11
After 3 encounters with the same three Tom's I believe, 4th was the charm. Wednesday night they hug up about 10 yds to far.  Thursday night about the exact same thing. Sunday night watched them walk by within 10 yds of my other blind. Tonight they came all the way across the field, right at me. Had already determined they were all about the same size so just let them get well within range and dropped one at 29 yds
2023 Wisconsin turkey season photo by griff n
5/22/23 @ 9:51 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Late report from last week! Hunted 2 day’s with to great sticks from Wyoming. We hunted both public and prove land in zone 1 and zone 3, before we were able to capitalize on a nice gobbler in zone 1
Still lot’s of birds around in the area’s we have been hunting all season long. Lot’s of hened up birds just about every morning. Around 10 am most Tom’s have been splitting away from hens and are out on the prowl, if you can get one fired up 90% of the time ,they have been kilable!!

Good luck be safe rest of the season.

Let’s go hunting!!
5/22/23 @ 6:29 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
Hunted hard for 3 days in zone 2 for E , and had some encounters and some mix ups with the other hunters that can hunt a property i can too, but it was all worth it saturday AM early shot my tom at 20 ft at 5:29am  earliest I've ever tagged out.
Got in early and set up my blind planning on a long sit, poured a cup of coffee and at aprox 4:45am a gobble in the woods about 50yds away darn near knocks me off my chair, he got silent for a minute but then he got fired up and gobbled all the way til the end non stop. I wasnt really expecting him to come right away thought maybe he would go east or south to other fields that they normally do, but I got lucky he didnt have any hens or jakes by him and he pretty much pitched down and came full strut spittin and drummin right into the decoys, awesome hunt and Im done for the season going 2 fer 2, cant wait til  next spring!

goodhuntin all during the last hoorah!
5/18/23 @ 1:17 PM
Lickey
Lickey
User since 8/29/12
@Tito39 did you end up filling your second tag last week?
5/14/23 @ 8:18 AM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Congratulations!
5/14/23 @ 7:59 AM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04
After whiffing on a long shot at a tom Thursday night , connected on this Jake yesterday.  Have a second tag this week, so will stay at it through Tuesday.
2023 Wisconsin turkey season photo by Tito39
5/13/23 @ 9:49 AM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Finally was able to get my youngest daughter, her first turkey, she’s going to be in cloud nine until deer season!

20lbs
10” beard
3/4” spurs
Zone 1

Finally starting to find some Tom’s all alone willing to commit. This Tom was fired up right off the roost this morning hit the ground and it took a little bit but I just kept calling really aggressively and he came in full strut. Only thing different this morning I added a few Gobble with shake gobbler and a few long sequence yelps.

Good luck be safe!

Let’s go hunting.  
5/11/23 @ 1:20 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Gobbler #2 public land Adams County.
24.5 lbs 
11.5” beard
1” spurs
 Lots of birds gobbling, still  a lot of Tom’s locked up with hens in a lot of area’s we have been hunting. Just need to find them birds willing to commit, and most of the time you’ll be able to harvest them. Most birds last few days hit the ground and go quiet. Most mornings you can read how much you need to call, been cutting a lot once birds hit the ground, yelp few times and go quiet, If they gobble back fire off with long sequence of yelps and go quiet and see if he’s willing to look for us. If they have hens it’s been a different story.

Good luck be safe!

Let’s go hunting! 
5/10/23 @ 6:11 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
I just think lake link is kinda faded away with all the many social media platforms for WI hunting and fishing. 
5/9/23 @ 7:19 PM
Moon River
Sure seems like ?either people aren't successful or just not posting on this thread this year! SAD
5/8/23 @ 6:38 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
Zone 3, Waupaca Co:

Well another great spring weekend in the turkey woods, got out thursday pm for a couple hours on a spot that always holds birds and ended up seeing just a hen, back out early friday AM , sipping coffee and waiting for the show to begin it was very quiet up until 5:45ish when the first gobble rang out to the north of me aprox 150-200yds and another and another, it didnt seem very close by so i didnt have much hope knowing how they use the property and most of the time birds roosting to the north of me goto a large track of corn fields, albeit after some angry calling some hens cackled and flew down just behind me, good sign then that gobble got closer and closer kept calling and he'd hammer every time, finally in the murky light i see him coming from my left aprox 30yds out gobblin away looks at my jake n hen decoys and keeps on his steady walk going south to my right i pull up put the bead on um and pow!  pow!! nothing he just keeps walking away,classic! huh............it may have been further than I thought or didnt get my head down who knows, just depressing to say the least and beating myself up i stayed until 9 or so and never seen nor heard another bird.  I stop get breakfast take a nap and plan to head out to my land for a PM sit at about 3 I get set up with tom over hen decoy and start some light calling just planning on sitting until 6 or so while texting a friend at about 4:45 i just set the phone down lean back on my bucket and look out to see a crimson red head walking at me at 15yds dohhhhh!  he flogs the decoy and gets a bit spooked i grab the gun and pow! done!  nice bread and butter 2yr old 10in beard but heavy est well over 20lbs. Never give up and stay on um boys, congrats all who tagged out, onto E in zone 2.

goodhuntin all!
5/6/23 @ 7:43 AM
Moon River
Opening morning of 3rd season was epic. I believe because of the bad weather ?last week and wind Monday and Tuesday the birds were ready to let loose. We had 2 doubles and 2 singles by 10 am. South West Wisconsin! (We've limited out before, but never on our opening day!)
2023 Wisconsin turkey season photo by Moon River
5/4/23 @ 8:40 AM
Rattle em up
User since 4/19/21
Birds were vocal yesterday, ended my first hunt of the year with a nice gobbler in zone 1. Had three birds beating on my jake decoy. Good luck all.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE