INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Post pictures and stories here.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
4/23/23 @ 6:17 AM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06
Well it was my daughters turn finally. She has wanted to hunt all week but school and soccer practices she couldn't go until Saturday afternoon. Made a stalk on 2 Tom's early afternoon that ended up not working. Snuck out of that property. Drove to another one and found a large group of birds. Knew the direction they were going to head so ran around and got in front of them. Put a strutted out and wait. 20 mins later they all showed up and 1 of the Jake's and 1 of the toms broke loose and came to check out the decoy. She made a great shot and knocked the Tom down! Great bird. This is her third year hunting and 3rd turkey. She loves this turkey hunting thing

23lbs
9 1/2 inch beard
1 1/8 inch spurs

2023 success photo by MightyHunter
4/20/23 @ 3:24 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06
He was very excited an still is.

My season this week. Was able to takethis one at 658 thus morning. Two Tim's worked their way in from 200 yards out. Once they gotto 80 they left their hens behind and came right to strutter decoy. 20 yard shot done in hour. Birds gobbling all over. Now it's my daughter turn

24lbs
9 inch beard
3/4 inch spurs
4/20/23 @ 11:13 AM
wallstreet
User since 9/10/15
Nice work on the Jake. A few years back I shot one that came in strutting and didn't realize it was a jake. Turns out they taste a lot better than the older birds. Now I let the big ones go and try to kill a jake. Enjoy and good luck if you get out again. 
4/20/23 @ 11:08 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
MH-  Pretty cool memory for you and your son.. Now that is a great smile!!! I bet he was shaking for awhile.   
4/19/23 @ 7:36 PM
Lunkerhunt85
User since 5/10/14
Had a flock of 15 Jakes decoy at 5 tonight. Decided they needed some thinning out. 
2023 success photo by Lunkerhunt85
4/18/23 @ 7:33 PM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Congratulations! Memories forever!
4/18/23 @ 5:38 AM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

My 7 year old son was successful on Sunday morning. After some crazy encounters on Saturday and crabby weather Sunday morning. He knocked down this bird Sunday morning at 7am. He never wanted to leave even tho it poured all morning. This was a hunt I wish we filmed because for the weather being rainy and cold, we had 3 Toms and 4 jakes attack the decoy right off the limb. My son thought it was the coolest thing ever. Was super patient as the birds never separated and ran around the decoys for 2-3 mins keeping the red dot on them the whole time. Finally one split of just enough and he shot it with the 410 at 12 yards. Proud dad here and son that couldn't wipe the smile off

20lbs
9 1/2 inch beard
3/4 inch spurs
4/15/23 @ 1:26 PM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Congratulations! Hopefully May 3rd for me!
4/15/23 @ 12:15 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Scored this morning SE Minnesota.  Called in to 12 yards, home by 7am
2023 success photo by IceFishBaby
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE