USER SINCE 5/13/02

I got zone 3 period A...lets go..

Gobble gobble...im ready

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 75 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/29/22 @ 8:43 PM
joeywadu
USER SINCE 5/13/02

Hothead...hang in there...keep the faith...we all know turkey hunting can change In an instant...keep searching for birds on the property...roosting areas..strut zones..feeding areas...if none in your woods..drive to other public areas and yelp or shock gobble in the evening...ask permission on private land where you see birds..

It might take 10 no's to get one yes...just cause turkeys arent on your property one day dont mean they wont be the next...good luck...and always remember the turkey prayer...Dear turkey gods...grant us thy will to see thy bird to shoot well so that we may gurd our stomachs and tenderize our loins with the mighty flesh of Mr. Tom Gobblin..Amen

Wadu

4/29/22 @ 7:15 PM
Hothead
USER SINCE 10/9/05

I'm struggling for the first time. Can't seem to locate any birds on the property I'm hunting. Also can't get any gobbles. Not giving up but I'm a bit discouraged

4/28/22 @ 7:11 PM
joeywadu
USER SINCE 5/13/02

Just wanted to show everyone the goofy curly cue beard my first week turkey had.

Never seen one like that before

Wadu

4/28/22 @ 10:54 AM
joeywadu
USER SINCE 5/13/02

My dads bird..i hope it turns out i had to resize it

4/28/22 @ 10:01 AM
joeywadu
USER SINCE 5/13/02

Wow second week started out very ugly for first 2.75 hunts.  It was my 81 year old fathers turn and its getting pretty tough for him but he trys so hard...we walked in our hunting spot yesterday morning for about the first ten steps then gobble gobble gobble. there was a pretty good size flock in the trees by us so we put out dekes and sat down.  I counted at least a dozen gobblers and about 20 hens.. flew down away from us and then i proceeded to call one back so close he shocked me when he gobbled.. he was within 25 yards but in some berry brush..he smelled a rat and left...last night we had 3 jakes at 25 yards but they saw my dad..then we had 3 toms fly up from behind us and they saw us from the tree and took off for forever...this morning we blew all the birds off another roost further in...i called a series of clucks and yelps and within 10 minutes we had a nice tom walking down the edge of the field to our decoys and dad put him down.....22lbs 3/4" spurs and a 10" beard....he'll be 82 in august...the mossberg 835 ulti mag almost knocked him over...i told him time for one ofbthose 410's everybodys using.  What a guy...

Wadu

4/27/22 @ 9:42 PM
MightyHunter
USER SINCE 3/25/06

My daughter scored again tonight! Quickest hunt I've ever been on turkey hunting. Left the house at 524 tonight (20 min drive) we were done at 558. Got to our first field and there was a lone Tom hanging out. Drove to the other entrance...knew where he was going to roost. Ran through some pines to get in front of him. Made 4 calls at him, he answered all 4 times. Ran right down the trail to us and she popped him at 15 yards. 10 mins and we were done! Truly awesome! She was jumping for joy. Two birds in two years of hunting! That little 410 is such a perfect gun for kids.

25lbs

10 in beard

1 in spurs

Guess I got to put a mount together for her!

4/27/22 @ 12:42 PM
Rattle em up
USER SINCE 4/19/21

Great stories of some exciting hunts. Congrats to all! Thought my season was going to be finished first day at first light but couldn't quite convince a large Tom to come across from the neighbors property line. He strutted along the property line for 20 minutes @ about 40 yards. He might of been shy from the blind. Had it out 10 days early but its been windy and may have spooked him from what I have been seeing on camera. 

Very slow weekend as far as gobbling in the area. Made it out the last day for one more shot, again very quiet except for the sleet. Decided to go on the move after nothing was vocal. Worked my way down to the far end of the [property and heard my first gobble of the morning. Moved straight to him and setup in a little funnel. Made a couple series of calls and he came running in. 

Things changed in a hurry. Never say never til its over.

Not sure where the fish came from. LL?

4/26/22 @ 8:45 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
USER SINCE 2/9/03

Thanks everyone. My arm was incredibly tired from holding that stock on my shoulder for so long! It was worth it. 

Fowler, I spend a lot of time following Dr. Mike Chamberlain’s (aka Doctor Turkey) work on Turkeys. From what I gathered, he would likely say those 4 birds were killed by great horned owls. 

I love hunting turkeys and learning more about them, I strongly suggest following Wildturkeydoc on Instagram for his Turkey Tuesday posts. Dr. Mike Chamberlain provides some amazing insights. 

4/26/22 @ 6:12 PM
percheye1
USER SINCE 6/24/01

Congrats on the birds guys and thanks for sharing the stories.

Really an exciting hunt Greenheads that sounds crazy. Would have been hard not to have your head on a swivel with all that action.

4/26/22 @ 11:32 AM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Congrats guys. (Greenhead..Joey etc). Sounds like hunts to remember. Days like those make up for all the frustrating days and set-ups with no birds. Love the spring turkey woods  

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 75 POSTS
Advertise here
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
The Wobbler features a bent back for deep diving cranking action that gives the bait an erratic side-to-side kick. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Bio-Minnow Wobbler
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.