USER SINCE 5/13/02

I got zone 3 period A...lets go..

Gobble gobble...im ready

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 75 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/18/22 @ 2:57 PM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Wisgobbler/////were abouts have you been hunting?

5/18/22 @ 2:37 PM
Wisgobbler
USER SINCE 8/7/21

Maybe a little too close! 1” spurs  two 10” beards. My first multiple bearded bird in about 30 years of turkey hunting. 

5/18/22 @ 2:07 PM
joeywadu
USER SINCE 5/13/02

Go getum jzzzzz...i was out this morning in the rain....i had birds in my decoys all morning...but they were just hens....they even squacked up a storm for me for free but it didnt bring big boy out...had 1 tom at flydiown fly into the field i was in...took one look at my decoys and quickly went the other way...back at er tomorrow

Wadu

5/18/22 @ 10:05 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

I embark on my second turkey tag tomorrow AM zone 2 around home, I have not seen much out lately so not expecting much but it will be nice to get out and maybe see a bird or two, we'll see.

goodhuntin all!

5/15/22 @ 12:21 PM
Wisgobbler
USER SINCE 8/7/21

It’s been a good year of running and gunning public ground for the kid and I so far. I’ll try to punch another tag tomorrow to catch up with my boy. 

5/14/22 @ 3:09 PM
Tito39
USER SINCE 7/6/04

Been a bit of a struggle this year. Did kill this Jake during  period B. Hunting again this week hoping for a tom, but pretty quiet so far.

5/11/22 @ 1:24 PM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

eyesman... stick with it you'll get um!

Im surprised with the thousands of licenses and turkeys harvested that theres not many reports.

5/11/22 @ 5:39 AM
eyesman
eyesman
USER SINCE 1/7/02

An ominous start to my time period D hunt. Left the house at 4:15 to get out in my blind, 5 minute ATV ride, only to be greeted by angry skies steady rumbles of thunder and flashes of lightning. Took the quick ride out ahead of the rain, got to the blind only to have a lone turkey fly off the roost from a tree next to the blind. Got set up and now a steady rain. Radar shows only one small band of storms but has to run right over my setup. Will wait it out and hopefully it will pass. With all the racket of the thunder and rain calling is not an option. Couldn’t hear the birds even if they are vocal. 

5/8/22 @ 5:25 AM
shootist7
MEMBER SINCE 2/9/14

Zone 1, time period "C", at my friend's place by Mauston. Last Wednesday, first day of the season, heard a lot of gobbling and saw a lot of birds. But the woods are still so open just couldn't get a bird to commit and come in. So I went and set up under an apple tree in a field with a creek bottom off to one side. Called a couple nice toms up out of the creek bottom and as soon as they cleared the brush (about 25 yards away) at the edge of the field, picked out the bigger of the 2, putted, and when they stuck their heads up shot the one I had picked out. I don't use decoys and knew as soon as they didn't see the hen they heard, they'd be gone. I leave Tuesday for my place for another round, looking forward to it.

21 pounds, 11" heavy beard, 1-1/4" heavy spurs

870 20 gauge, using #9 TSS Federal shells

5/3/22 @ 9:59 AM
fetch-um-up
USER SINCE 2/19/06

Surprised to find toms still bunched up last week.  About 20 Jakes and toms roosted on the same ridge, called in a Jake for her...

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 75 POSTS
Advertise here
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
The Wobbler features a bent back for deep diving cranking action that gives the bait an erratic side-to-side kick. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Bio-Minnow Wobbler
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.