joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

I got zone 3 period A...lets go..

Gobble gobble...im ready

Displaying 1 to 15 of 75 posts
6/4/22 @ 8:36 PM
Formerly the big guy
PRO MEMBER User since 10/3/11

Well I was complaining about seeing no activity all spring and today while driving into Point I saw 3 big toms across the ditch. 2 were in full strut. Looked awesome shining in the sun. That's why we love turkeys.

5/31/22 @ 2:50 PM
Formerly the big guy
PRO MEMBER User since 10/3/11

Well another season done. Didn't get 1 again this year. Don't have a very good spot anymore so probably don't put enough effort in. Regarding Greenheads turkey with no spurs about 10-12 years ago I shot 1 that had an 8" beard, full fan and weighed about 16 lbs. Legs were completely smooth. Did have a red head. Just a small tom probably either very early the year before or very late 2 years before.

5/26/22 @ 8:42 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Yeah thanks Im done down here, Im heading up to waupaca tomorow for F, hopefully I can connect on a tom this season, I will admit though as much as Id like to get one, its been fun having a more laid back enjoying the woods season after 10-12 yrs of hunting 4-5 out of the 6 periods.

Goodhuntin all and be safe!

5/25/22 @ 2:59 PM
Wisgobbler
User since 8/7/21

Jzzzzz,

Get back out there. Killing gobblers is a game of patience and perseverance. Odds are you can still kill that bird you missed.  Roost him and use a different call or different calling cadence/sequence. Ditch the dekes.  

Good luck

5/24/22 @ 7:56 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Well!   I had an exciting but sobering evening in the beautiful turkey woods last night, got outa work at 4 and ran home geared up then off to the farm, hike out get to the rise in the field over looking several large alfalfa fields and see 4 turkeys down in the one, I could see a beard on one but unsure if it was a hen or a jake, I watched and set up quick but did'nt like my set so got up and started off to were I wanted to be birds ran off i go find a nice big tree to sit by get my dekes out and no sooner do i hear the unmistakable rumble of a diesel and clunking and grinding then the green monster pulls out around the corner, and yup I guess tonight is cutting night, hahaha  um okay! plan B! I guess things happen for a reason! pack up quick scramble to get out of the way because farmer "vick" came within inches of my toes with his chopper deck...... I head just down the road to another farm I can hunt that I thought about going to but with it being my last night I wanted to try a fresh spot, i get down to the wood line to were  a tractor path goes into the woods and a hen runs in front of me, ug great didnt hear a putt so I think im ok. I find a good tree and cover to set up in the hard woods get my mask up and let out a few clucks on the slate and GOBBBLLLLEEABBBLLAAA!!!  and close!  woof!   a few minutes goes by and nothing I call soft and light and a black blob catches my eye then I see the fan go up and I can hear um drumming and spittin at 40yds in thick brush, I call a bit he gobbles back, nothing better than that up close,  he slowly walks his way to me but just stops and struts in circles, at this point im pumped, and i get my gun up and Im back n forth on the side of tree in front of me a total rookie! deal just way to excited! I get the gun up as he pokes his head up thru the brush and i see it perk up towards me, gd now I know the gig is up I pull, Pow! bird flops flops and runs off at 80mph up the ridge and there he was gone! haha. ahhhhhh ugggggggggg total wiff cheek not down and not shouldered properly just all around dumb on me. I walked the woods up and down for a good while searching for some blood or feathers and nada, theres a huge rolling field to the east that im sure he ran too then took flight across to the next town. o well thats hunting, been awhile for a miss for me but i will always remember that hunt.

Goodhuntin all! and if given the chance let them come in your lap, I may go back up north for the last hoorah this weekend but idk yet.

5/23/22 @ 11:55 AM
Rattle em up
User since 4/19/21

Been hunting a group of birds where there are usually two jakes two hens and two toms together. The one tom is much bigger with ~11 inch beard. The neighbors have been planting their fields which has patterning the birds difficult at best. Thought they were done on my field but after setting up at light this morning a tractor sprayer came through. Decided to hold out and finally the birds came through right where I was located. Was trying to wait and shoot the 2nd tom but one of the jakes came straight at me and was at about 10 feet giving me the evil eye so I had to shoot the first tom. It was definitely the smaller tom but was a great end to the season. Good luck all.

2022 spring turkey hunting photo by Rattle em up
5/23/22 @ 10:11 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Nice birds guys, weird with no spurs on the one I have never seen that.

well, I have been chasing toms around 2 properties since Thursday as well, just cant seal the deal, had good gobblin yesterday AM and re positioned 2x which I usually never do and still cant get um within range, back out tonight for my last try hope I can get it done.

Goodhuntin all!

5/22/22 @ 7:52 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03

A fast and furious hunt went down on Friday. My friend and I arrived at his place at 3:30 for our annual friends Turkey Camp. Our other buddy was already there since Thursday and had been set up on the north end of the land, so Dan and I decided to avoid him and each other. My friend hunted the east end of his land and I hunted the west end. 20 minutes into our hunt I hear 3 shots from the east. Not less than 30 seconds later I hear a bird putting to my left. I look to see a nice Tom coming my way. A few seconds after that I had my second bird of the year on the ground. My buddy and I could not believe it. We each shot birds less than a minute apart from each other on separate sides of his land at 4;00pm. My Tom had an 8.25” beard with no spurs, my friend’s bird had an 11” beard with 1” spurs. Our other friend that had already been there since Thursday was getting a lot of hell from us for taking so long to shoot a bird. But hey, what are friends for? 

2022 spring turkey hunting photo by Greenheads4Ever
5/20/22 @ 11:07 AM
Wisgobbler
User since 8/7/21

Definitely my last Tom for 2022. Killed him this morning at 9:45. He came to the call gobbling his head off. I couldn’t even see him until about three seconds before I pulled the trigger but he was at less than 30 yards gobbling and drumming. Sounded like someone punching a balloon. Finally he came around some brush at about 20 yards. He never even flopped. It’s been a fun spring with lots of great memories. Good luck to you guys still hunting 

2022 spring turkey hunting photo by Wisgobbler
5/20/22 @ 7:47 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sheboygan co:

Went out to a farm that I've hunted many times, I had a plan Wed night were i wanted to set up adjacent to roosting woods but opted to stop short and set up a bit further away on a larger field were i know they usually loop around to in AM, as it got brighter and the geese started, Gobbbblllllallbbbbbbaaaa!!!   awesome some more gobblin I could tell he was down and it was getting closer, then I could tell he was in the field behind me were i was going to set up i turned and saw some turkeys and they just wondered off, hunted til 9ish and left, back out in the PM around 5 and had two hens come thru one was bearded, and that was all. Unfortunately that will be my only AM hunt for this time period, so will try to get out in PM again after work.

Goodhuntin all!

5/18/22 @ 2:57 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Wisgobbler/////were abouts have you been hunting?

5/18/22 @ 2:37 PM
Wisgobbler
User since 8/7/21

Maybe a little too close! 1” spurs  two 10” beards. My first multiple bearded bird in about 30 years of turkey hunting. 

5/18/22 @ 2:07 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

Go getum jzzzzz...i was out this morning in the rain....i had birds in my decoys all morning...but they were just hens....they even squacked up a storm for me for free but it didnt bring big boy out...had 1 tom at flydiown fly into the field i was in...took one look at my decoys and quickly went the other way...back at er tomorrow

Wadu

5/18/22 @ 10:05 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

I embark on my second turkey tag tomorrow AM zone 2 around home, I have not seen much out lately so not expecting much but it will be nice to get out and maybe see a bird or two, we'll see.

goodhuntin all!

5/15/22 @ 12:21 PM
Wisgobbler
User since 8/7/21

It’s been a good year of running and gunning public ground for the kid and I so far. I’ll try to punch another tag tomorrow to catch up with my boy. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 75 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE