LOGIN
Lake-Link

2021 turkey reports

2/26/21 @ 6:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
USER SINCE 10/23/20
also Can Anyone tell me if its legal to use lead shot on public land for turkey ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/5/21 @ 7:24 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

Heard a Tom gobbling behind work this morning. Sure made me wish I was in the woods instead of at work but oh well. 

4/4/21 @ 10:31 AM
BigBB
USER SINCE 1/4/08

missedagain - I remember about 10-20 years ago, it seemed like nearly every other field I would drive by had 30 to 40 birds in it. 

I'm not seeing anything near that these days while driving around and scouting and also including time spent in the tree bowhunting.

3/30/21 @ 3:45 PM
missedagain
USER SINCE 6/1/14

I don’t think overall numbers are down. Definitely think the hen to Tom ratio has gotten worse. Way too many hens. I’d actually be in favor of some either sex tags being issued in spring. 

3/30/21 @ 2:02 PM
BigBB
USER SINCE 1/4/08

Does anybody think that Turkey numbers are declining in the southern part of Wisconsin in the last 5 years or so?

Or is it just me? 

3/20/21 @ 9:40 PM
bobber b down
USER SINCE 1/31/04

Saw a Tom  in full display afternoon amongst a group of hens! Marionette  county.

2/27/21 @ 5:43 PM
percheye1
USER SINCE 6/24/01

Is this new? I don't remember hearing this before.

2/27/21 @ 10:23 AM
Pedmo
USER SINCE 1/19/10

Ruffled, 

"Public" land is a very broad term. 

Per WI hunting regs: 

"It is illegal to: 

Hunt game birds or wild turkey with lead or other toxic shot while on federal Waterfowl Production Areas (WPAs)."

Reads like it is acceptable to use lead shot on Federal, State, County, + public owned / managed lands that are not designated as WPAs. 

That said, there may be local restrictions that would not be listed in the State regs.

Be safe and good luck this spring! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.