LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

2020 Reports

4/2/20 @ 8:30 PM
ORIGNAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Three Toms strutting in my field today..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 83 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/19/20 @ 10:57 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Tough going in zone 1, 5th season. Kept at it though and filled the tag. Managed a real decent batch of shrooms after I scored a nice tom. The turkey gear is now stashed until next spring. Good luck to the 6th season guys heading out. 

5/19/20 @ 10:01 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Pretty slow tonight. Only saw 5 hens. Have not seen any toms or jakes the last three sits. Did find some morels though. Likely my last hunt of the season. Good luck to those hunting the final period!

5/16/20 @ 12:31 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Nice bird. Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

Tim

5/16/20 @ 12:19 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

OK here is a report for you. Zone 2,  5th period. This is where I grew up and still own property there so I always buy a bonus tag for there. I live an hour away so I can not roost the birds so I just set up where  they usually roost. I set up in the NW corner of my property and at daylight the only gobbles were way SE. At 7:30 I moved to the SW corner where I had another blind and first call one of the toms that I heard in  the morning answered, called again and he  answered  again. Just then a silent old tom stepped out into the field straight south of me. He looked huge standing out there. He could not stand that other bird answering me. He walked around in the field for a while, never displayed and then ran back into the woods. I gave him one more call and just like that he  came sneaking in. 27 lb, 10" beard, 1 1/4" spurs 

5/15/20 @ 9:09 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Kinda thought there would be more posts on here as the leftover tags sold like crazy this year. 

Tim

5/9/20 @ 5:00 PM
icebelt
User since 10/22/13

To much calling or they didn’t like the look of your decoys.

5/9/20 @ 11:26 AM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Went out with my son this morning on another piece of property in Dane county that he got permission to hunt. Lots of gobbling on the roost and reasonably close. When they flew down they worked away and spent a couple of hours out in an open field following hens. At 8:00 one of the toms made his way back to a pasture we were set up in, followed by a second tom and a bearded hen. The first tom angled by the blind stopping to display for our decoys but never committed to coming in. The second tom peeled off from the hen at 65 yards and took the same path as the first tom, working toward another field. The hen came right into our set. Still can't believe that both hung up and did not come in. Exciting hunt none the less and time spent with my son.

5/7/20 @ 11:09 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

Called in a nice Forest County Tom with about 8 " beard this morning by 545. Watched him strutting about 30 yds away for 15 minutes. I thought first of all he was the only gobbling close by, 2nd turkeys aren't very good eating, 3rd I didn't feel like cleaning it, so I left him  live and went back to bed!! Shot lots of Turkeys over the years and now would rather call them in and just watch them. Guess it's part of getting old!!

5/7/20 @ 2:01 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

Wow..that's a monster...great job...there are birds littery  running everywhere up here in central wisconsin...to all those that have got birds congratulations...to all those that haven't keep on trying.

Wadu

5/7/20 @ 9:37 AM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Took my daughter's boyfriend out last night and intercepted this nice tom heading back to the roost. His first tom, so he was pretty pumped. Bird shot in Iowa County.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 83 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.