MORE
Trout Fishing

Whitefish

1/27/19 @ 10:46 PM
INITIAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

So since Whitefish and cisco don't got there own thread, going to troll in the trout forum since they close to the salmonid fam. Any advise info on whitefish and cisco on inland lakes in the northern highlands of Wisconsin. Looking for others tips and tactics and general discussion.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 68 posts
12/31/20 @ 6:57 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Was out again today chasing whitefish. Managed two, kept one, missed a few, and had good amount of sniffers. Macho minnow has been the hot lure this year so far.

12/29/20 @ 7:48 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Back at chasing the whitefish.

Carpio yes use foil and it does stay a little moist. I have dried some out before but they were smaller fallets and the fire got to hot. Smoke over wood. My smoker has a bowl that I put water in that also helps not to dry it out.

3/24/19 @ 8:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Griz.    I see that your fish are put on tin foil when you smoke them. I lay mine on the grate but they have a tendency to dry out. Any comment?   Thanks.     CARPIO 

3/24/19 @ 7:34 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Another great day on the water. Some fish for the smoker. Had lake to myself. 

Whitefish photo by grizwald
3/21/19 @ 8:03 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

LCO

3/18/19 @ 7:13 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Eyefanitic what I was told there wasn't a fish able population. I think there is. Just no one has tried.

3/18/19 @ 4:09 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Grindstone has them too. Ashegon has cisco up to 15.5 "

3/18/19 @ 5:52 AM
EYEfanatic
User since 11/26/10

I'm not sure who told you LCO doesn't have whitefish.  I thought that was common knowledge for the locals.

3/18/19 @ 5:46 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Big lco has whitefish. Was confirmed by me. Had one on but lost it at the bottom of the hole. Got a good look at it though. It reacted the same as fish from whitefish lake. Wish I could have got a picture.

3/16/19 @ 8:18 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Got out today and had just a great day. Warm weather and ice conditions getting better. Managed 7 ranging from 14 to 18 inches. 3 good ones for the smoker. Going to be some good fishing to come!

2/24/19 @ 5:48 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Mudpounder north end of lake.

2/18/19 @ 5:01 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Just scored the last of them I think! Wife gave me my allowance and was at the L and M. They were marked to $.66 each. What a steal!

2/17/19 @ 7:40 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Mud pounder look at this part of lco. This would be a good place to start. There is access off thourofare rd between little lco and big lco. Short walk to some good water. Looking for the next challenge.

2/16/19 @ 11:23 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

This is my go to jig.

2/11/19 @ 7:28 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Delish!

Whitefish photo by grizwald
Displaying 16 to 30 of 68 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE