SEARCH
MORE
Trout Fishing

Where to wear a camera?

3/31/20 @ 7:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

I recently purchased a camera and for those of you that fish with them, where do you wear them? I currently have a headband accessory to strap the camera to but I see they also make a band that goes around the chest area. Has anyone tried both to see which captures the best footage? 

Thank you. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/14/20 @ 1:25 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I'd imagine the picture would be way more stable if worn on the chest, as it rarely rotates much. The head is constantly turning, so it would definitely be much bouncier footage. One thing I'd test before going would be to make sure you're getting a decent angle and the view isn't obstructed too much. 

4/3/20 @ 12:44 PM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

Thanks for the feedback. I purchased the camera to record my trout fishing trips and a tripod or stand isn't ideal when trekking up river. I'm starting to think on the chest may be the best spot compared to being worn on my hat where the bill could get away or I could be moving my head too much.

4/3/20 @ 8:13 AM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10

Chest cams make horrible videos. The extreme wide angle lens was designed for selfies, not for pointing off toward the distance. The only thing chest mounting does is give you hours of a hand cranking a reel. Not fun to watch. 

4/1/20 @ 2:26 PM
MLL24
PRO MEMBER User since 4/16/16

Neither one is ideal.  If you are able to mount it somewhere on your boat or, like E-Tec1 says, use a pedestal, it is much more stable.

4/1/20 @ 5:02 AM
E-Tec 1
PRO MEMBER User since 6/27/10

I have mine mounted on a pedestal in the back of the boat and it has voice activated shows everything I want to see

3/31/20 @ 10:39 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Going solely based on what I've seen from watching youtube fishing videos, I prefer when they have the chest strap on. When they have it on their head I feel like it jumps around too much, you move your head more than you think.  Just my 2 cents. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE