Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Trout stream pictures

9/12/18 @ 11:54 AM
ORIGNAL POST
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Anybody care to post some pics of some stream trout so I have an idea of what I'm gunning for? Nature shots are welcome as well. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 18 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/17/19 @ 9:27 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Last trip to the drift-less area for me over the weekend. Caught 30+ fish over two days including on Saturday when it was snowing out.. Caught my biggest brown (17"..no picture) and a real nice 15".. Several others in the 10"-12" range. All caught on small rap's or various spinners.  Just started inland trout fishing a few years ago and it is now one of my favorite activities.. Already looking forward to 2020..

10/7/19 @ 8:21 AM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

May be the prettiest brookie I've ever caught.  Probably my favorite fish to fish for.  

9/13/19 @ 9:25 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

Caught some nice browns today .

Got rained on a lot but was worth it...big time feed bag for the browns

Wadu

9/9/19 @ 2:40 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Still in awe of the beauty you are in the middle of while doing this. 

9/9/19 @ 2:38 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Had a fantastic weekend camping for our annual guys' trip. I've been going up for about 10-11 years now, and with all the exploring I've done over the years on the forest roads I cannot believe that I did find the two spots I found sooner, considering one is less than two miles from camp and the kicker is I can drive to within 20 yards of it. The other is on the same creek, but a little ways the other direction. 

The bigger brookie was a super nice surprise as it's the biggest stream trout I've ever personally seen. What was an even bigger surprise was having one on briefly that was HUGE. I'd cast a little upstream with a spinner and thought I was snagged when suddenly the line took off downstream along the far bank. I got a very brief glimpse of it before it dove under a log and got off. Not a great look, but I would have to say it was every bit of 20". Thinking probably a brown. That was an experience that will definitely keep me coming back. I think it's safe to say I've found my new favorite pastime. 

9/4/19 @ 9:50 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Took my daughter camping this past weekend. Good thing the primary goal wasn't fishing as I packed the rods but not the tackle box lol. Still waded around for a while and got to watch our friends' dog have his first experience with water. He definitely loved it. Water was COLD! I wish it was about 10 degrees warmer out because I would have completely dunked myself. As it was with 70 degree temps, boys deep was as far as I could go. My daughter did make it in waist deep before everything went numb lol.

8/19/19 @ 7:41 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Few fish have as much natural beauty as a nice brownie.. No brookies for me (yet) this year.. Looking forward to some fall fishing again before Oct. 15th..

6/23/19 @ 7:35 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Some sweet pictures from Central WI. Can see my bud CJ doing some armchair fishing down below my boots. Also a rare tiger trout I caught that day

5/15/19 @ 8:46 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Fished a couple sections of Tainter Creek,kept 4 eater browns seen some biggins,but couldn't seal the deal. Started the morning off throwing #1 mepps black fury,then switched to trout worms and nightcrawlers to finish the day. Very fun 1st trouting experience. I'm definitely addicted. Sorry no pics I was caught up in the moment...Thanks for everyone's input and advice!

5/10/19 @ 7:30 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Just got up here to the driftless last night, looking forward to hit some streams. Never really been trout fishing. Buddy's gonna take me out around Viroqua hope to share some pics and reports.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 18 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.