MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Trout stream pictures

9/12/18 @ 11:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07

Anybody care to post some pics of some stream trout so I have an idea of what I'm gunning for? Nature shots are welcome as well. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
6/23/19 @ 7:35 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

Some sweet pictures from Central WI. Can see my bud CJ doing some armchair fishing down below my boots. Also a rare tiger trout I caught that day

Post Your Comment
5/15/19 @ 8:46 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
USER since 2/4/09

Fished a couple sections of Tainter Creek,kept 4 eater browns seen some biggins,but couldn't seal the deal. Started the morning off throwing #1 mepps black fury,then switched to trout worms and nightcrawlers to finish the day. Very fun 1st trouting experience. I'm definitely addicted. Sorry no pics I was caught up in the moment...Thanks for everyone's input and advice!

Post Your Comment
5/10/19 @ 7:30 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
USER since 2/4/09

Just got up here to the driftless last night, looking forward to hit some streams. Never really been trout fishing. Buddy's gonna take me out around Viroqua hope to share some pics and reports.

Post Your Comment
5/6/19 @ 7:11 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

A great weekend in the driftless area..Beautiful weather and the fishing was outstanding. Just walking along beautiful streams with the bluffs and all the birds out singing is worth the time in the field..

Post Your Comment
10/1/18 @ 6:36 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06

I'll be heading back to my native Central PA around Thanksgiving. I will undoubtedly visit a favorite trout stream up in the Appalachian Mountains my brother and I grew up fishing. The sense of peace I experience when I'm there cannot be put into words. That time of year I will not see another soul. Wild brookies and browns, with a few stray rainbows that run up the creek from a stocked glacier lake downstream. Up there it's ferns and pines and wild leeks everywhere with Mountain Laurel growing at streamside. It combines to create a smell that is beyond description. I'll post pics if I remember when I get back.

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 1:03 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06

As the saying goes,"Trout don't live in ugly places!".....

Post Your Comment
9/20/18 @ 8:05 PM
Chemist
Chemist
USER since 6/17/01

Best therapy in the world. So glad I rediscovered this.

Post Your Comment
9/20/18 @ 7:37 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

Never fished for inland trout until I leased some land for deer hunting in the driftless area. Even then I did not fish for trout until a buddy came down to help with food plots. After we finished the plots he decided to fish (he is an avid trout fisherman) and he caught 3 fish in his first 10 casts.

I took up trout fishing after that and have been hooked since then. One of my favorite outdoor pursuits now..Love the sound of rushing water while I stalk fish and enjoy the surrounding bluffs..   

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 8:35 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Good idea hockeyguy. Kewaunee (salmon), Oconto, and a Door County stream.

Post Your Comment
9/12/18 @ 12:06 PM
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07

I'm beginning to get why people like this so much. I can't imagine a more serene setting to just relax in silence. While I was there a group of guys down the road had some music playing I could faintly make out, but I'm sure next time when I really work my way back that I will have complete silence. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts