MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Is a 2hp big egough for the Plover river?

5/5/14 @ 1:32 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
I am thinking of going up and trout fishing the plover river from iverson park too jordan ponds dam trout fishing or sohould I get a bigger motor. the boat is a 12 ft rowboat.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/13/14 @ 6:11 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Depends on how fast you want to go!

5/7/14 @ 8:45 PM
walleyeguy007
walleyeguy007
User since 1/1/06
I agree that there are almost no trout in this section of the river. If you go above Jordan park you may start to find some. It is really shallow. I have tried to fish it and waded almost the entire thing in a pair of shorts and never got the material wet. The water is a lot warmer coming out of Jordan Pond. The habitat for trout isn't really that good. You may find a few but there are a LOT better streams within 15 minutes of there where you can catch all the trout you want without having to work as hard.

Bottom line, NO motor boat will go up and down the Plover river towards Jordan Park. Maybe a jet drive but there is no launch that I know of.

5/5/14 @ 1:49 PM
flyrod-kayak
flyrod-kayak
User since 6/13/11
first of all almost no trout in this section and there is no way you will get that big of a boat to go around in there it is less than a foot deep in some spots try a kayak or canoe start at Jordan and go down to iverson a lot less work.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.