LOGIN
Lake-Link

Freestone trout streams

5/5/14 @ 4:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
I have been living in Wisconsin now for about 14 years and always wondered if there were any higher gradient freestone streams like we have in Pennsylvania. I realize that there are no real mountain ranges to speak of, but there are some areas with faster elevation changes that might have some spring fed freestone streams in them. I miss fly fishing those streams and would like to find some here for nostalgic reasons. All the streams I have fished in this state have hay and cows and it just seems strange to have these next to a trout stream. Thanks for any and all responses.

Jimmy

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/17/14 @ 3:26 PM
plumwerm
User since 3/25/10
The Wolf River north of Langlade Wi. Junction of Wi.55 and 64 is a classic freestone river Has very good hatches, late May-early July. I have fished it for 50 years and have a cabin a few miles away. Also the Popple and Pine in Vilas Co are as well. PM me if you want more info, I'd be happy to help.

5/16/14 @ 1:12 PM
AD
User since 1/11/11
Some in the Mellen area and a few on the south shore of Superior that could be considered "freestone". Some even have a few trout in them. Consult the trout regs booklet and look for anything in those areas. Pretty area to explore.

5/13/14 @ 12:19 PM
gbac
User since 1/23/02
you might like the wolf river and the little wolf river if you want to catch trout. or start fly fishing for smallies the way u fished trout in penn.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.