SEARCH
MORE
Snowmobiles

Winterizing

2/27/21 @ 9:17 PM
INITIAL POST
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Bought my first sled this year.  Bought it late in the year so I didn't get a ton of use out of it but it was fun.  I'm wondering how most people prep theirs for summer? I've googled it and it seems to be pretty high maintenance.  I did buy a set of dollies to get it off the ground and it did come with a cover.  I will treat the gas but what are other must do things? It is a used sled fyi

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
2/28/21 @ 11:37 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Treat your fuel with Seafoam, and let it run for a bit to circulate through your fuel system.

Drain the oil in your chain case, remove the cover, wipe out clean, adjust tension, reinstall cover, and top off.

Replace carbides, slides, plugs and adjust the track. 

Lots of folks also fog down the engine, but I typically don’t, I just start and let it run a bit every now and again.

Also, disconnect the negative battery cable, there is a small draw for the clock and similar on some sleds, that will drain your battery if you leave it connected. 

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE