SEARCH
MORE
Snowmobiles

Helmets

8/24/21 @ 7:49 AM
INITIAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

just bought two new/used sleds for the family.

Any recommendations for helmets?  What should I look for  when buying?

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/28/21 @ 6:21 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Over the past 30 years I’ve owned middle of the road helmets - HJC, Polaris, Bell, Arctic Cat etc, and had no complaints, all worked just fine for me.

Fast forward to last year and my wife purchased an Oxygen Helmet made by Ski-Do for me for Christmas. I have to say, I had absolutely no idea what a difference a really good helmet can make.

Super warm (3 heat settings), quiet, never fogs up, just an awesome helmet. I’m really glad that I received it as a gift, as there is no way I would have considered spending 550 (or anywhere near that) on a helmet, but now that I have one, I’d never go back!

Hard to believe that a helmet can completely change your ride, but it can - can’t say enough good things about it. 

If your looking to stay middle of the road, I think HJC is one of the better brands. 

10/26/21 @ 4:09 PM
double lung
User since 1/9/09

Was also wondering for recommendations. Did a little research and saw some with Bluetooth. Anyone use them?  Was looking for something that plays music and can talk with my girlfriend while riding. 

8/30/21 @ 9:52 AM
Skunky ll
User since 1/11/21

DONT buy used helmets!!

Find out when there are snow shows/ swaps good deals there vs dealers.

Wausau is Sept 24/25

West Bend is Sept 25/26

Was at one this wknd in Eagle River. $99 for a helmet. Good price for starters.

Do not buy anything with single shield, make sure its double. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE