MORE
Recipies & Cooking

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
PRO MEMBER User since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Gator43
Displaying 81 to 90 of 428 posts
4/15/23 @ 11:49 AM
JDs Customs
User since 9/16/20
Catman, definitely a plus to bleed the fish asap. When I catch Lake Michigan fish, browns, bows, or Salmon, the first thing I do when I decide to keep them, is instantly pull a gill or 2. They bleed out quickly, and also less messy in the cleaning process! Bleeding fish helps in keeping Fish palatable!
JD
4/14/23 @ 6:43 PM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
Smoked a chunk of meat yesterday.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Esox JJ
4/14/23 @ 10:37 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Cat man JJ, sounds like you did a good job of preparing and brining your fish. When I take fish out of the brine I air dry them on racks with a fan or in the smoker at the lowest possible temperature without smoke. After the surface of the fish is dry and the pellicile has formed I will put them in the smoker and/or increase the temperature to 160°F with smoke for 4-6 hours, then increase temperature to 180°F with smoke and hold until you get 150°F internal. 
4/13/23 @ 9:16 PM
Cat Man J.J.
PRO MEMBER User since 5/9/03
Carp Jerky, I'll go through the whole process and the outcome.
Fished Tuesday evening and got two on the the stringer and cut them and bled them out in the lake.
When i got home i cleaned them right away and i don't know if bleeding them help the meat at all but it made filleting them cleaner, only thing on the board was slime and scales..
There's a lot of red meat on a Carp and if you tried to trim it all off you wouldn't have much meat left and there's not as much meat on them as i thought there would be.
Soaked the meat in ice water overnight and the next day did the last bit of trimming and put it in a strong brine for 24 hours.
Put it on the racks and gave them a dusting of ground red pepper before i started the smoker.
I haven't had this smoker very long and i'm still getting a feel for temp and smoke time, but i did about 250* to 275* for about two hours.
My smoker goes about an hour and the chips are pretty much done but i was afraid another round of chips may be too much.
The smoke and the red pepper help but it's still a pretty strong fish taste and even filleted and smoke with the skin off there is still a fair amount of oil in it.
I'll give it a rating somewhere in between spectacular and Gordon Ramsey spit it in a napkin.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Cat Man J.J.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Cat Man J.J.
3/11/23 @ 9:54 PM
catfisheatwalleyes
catfisheatwalleyes
User since 3/26/11
Smoked pork tenderloin stuffed with wild rice and smoked Gouda from Marieke in thorp, WI.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by catfisheatwalleyes
1/7/23 @ 8:53 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Looks good Eyesman.. Have a pork shoulder in the smoker right now for a family event today. Pork is still a great/affordable meat choice in today's rising prices/inflation world. Pork Bellies were even back to $2.99lb at my local Costco this week. Still have bacon left from my last smoke but I was tempted to do another batch.  

1/7/23 @ 3:16 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Done up a batch of pulled pork. 

What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by eyesman
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by eyesman
1/1/23 @ 9:16 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Smoked a 8lb Prime Rib and it turned out great. 5 hours in the smoker (130 degrees/medium rare) and then a few minutes under the broiler for a good sear. Perfect medium rare finish. 

What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by kona77
12/21/22 @ 12:35 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Made some Canadian bacon today from a 9lb pork loin. Cold smoke for 5-6 hours and then finish in my smoker. Added a maple syrup glaze on this smoke. Great smoke flavor with some sweetness from the maple syrup. 

What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by kona77
11/27/22 @ 6:39 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19

Not anything Herbal

Displaying 81 to 90 of 428 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE