LOGIN
Lake-Link

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 10:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER SINCE 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 263 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/23/21 @ 9:58 AM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Gator- Looks good and I like your home made smoker set-up.. Can you share any more details on your smoke process?? ( temps, time, do you let the sausage hang a day before smoking etc).. I smoke a lot of normal beef, pork, turkey etc but would like to get into sausage next fall. Thanks 

1/22/21 @ 9:41 PM
Gator43
Gator43
USER SINCE 8/1/01

Processed/smoked 25lbs venison wieners and 50lbs sausage over the last week.   First two dowels of sausage are Jap with pepperjack cheese 2# each and back two dowels garlic 3# each.  I cut them in around 1lb chunks and seal.  Weiners I don't take the time to twist, just smoke them in longer chunks, cut to length and seal.  All 60/40 venison/butt.  Always a sigh when it's over and in the freezer.

1/2/21 @ 9:18 AM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

First Canadian bacon batch of the year.  I do all my bacon (regular and Canadian) this time of the year and will start looking for some pork belly's

12/27/20 @ 6:08 PM
BIGWOODS HUNTER
USER SINCE 9/17/09

Gobbler - never froze them and reheated, not sure how that would turn out. 

Just smoked a 6 lb prime rib at approximately 30 minutes per lb at 225 degrees. Pull it at 125-130 and let it sit for 15 minutes. Seasoned the outside heavily. One of the best things you can make one the smoker! 

12/25/20 @ 10:09 PM
jwog666
jwog666
USER SINCE 7/30/10

Prime rib Christmas eve, and brisket Christmas day. 

12/25/20 @ 8:41 PM
gobbler
MEMBER SINCE 6/30/01

Has anyone smoked a prime rib and froze it for later, how would you recommend re-heating it,it would be smoked to medium rare.

12/25/20 @ 7:37 PM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Fowler- Glad the turkey smoke worked out for you.. I did another prime rib in the smoker and it turned out great,, Perfect medium rare finish and the best part is we get another meal from the leftovers.

PW/!2 Pack-  I have tried to "crisp up" the skin under my oven broiler after the smoke and it still remains chewy.. Not a big deal but just thought I would mention it for Fowler..     

12/25/20 @ 5:50 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Christmas Turkey breast!  Before and after pic . Followed Kona's recommendation on prep and smoke. All thumbs up at the table. Had some pickled Quail eggs during prep.

12/22/20 @ 6:35 PM
eyesman
eyesman
USER SINCE 1/7/02

Some samples of the venison I processed this past weekend. 

12/22/20 @ 10:48 AM
splitG2
splitG2
USER SINCE 10/12/07

Black Bear Ribs. I did the 3-2-1 method on the pellet grill. Should have done the 3-3-1 method instead. Was not as fall off the bone as I would have liked but still very delicious. This was only half of one side since the other half was blood shot. Got a full side to do yet!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 263 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.