LOGIN
Lake-Link

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
User since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 228 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/17/19 @ 2:00 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Smoked my first prime rib and it was great. Made it for our hunting camp on Friday and everyone said it was some of the best prime rib they have eaten. Smoked at 205 until the meat hit 128 and then did a reverse sear in the oven for 6-7 minutes.. Had some super good sweet corn with baked potato's for sides. Picked some black berries on Friday so I made a pie and topped with vanilla ice cream for desert..(no complaints  )..  

9/1/19 @ 5:51 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Smoked a shoulder today for pulled pork sandwiches.. Always a hit with the family.. Looking forward to the opening of bow season in a couple of weeks. Going to try my first rib-eye ( 9lb'r) in the smoker.. 

8/25/19 @ 11:57 AM
Walleyes4u
Walleyes4u
User since 4/4/19

Smoked catfish from the fox in south east kenosha

5/20/19 @ 4:58 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Did a whole chicken on Saturday. Used a simple brine then a southwest rub with mesquite chips. Used some of the meat tom make enchiladas. Yum!

Tim 

5/19/19 @ 6:54 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

8lb pork loin.. One the easiest and best things I smoke..Always takes about 1.5 to 2 hours (225 temp) to hit desired temp.. Always super moist/juicy and makes great leftover sandwiches..

5/17/19 @ 12:20 PM
bluefin16
User since 1/9/08

so i recently acquired my first smoker. Its a Brinkman wood/charcoal with the side smoke box.

I have been playing with it a bit, but i can not seem to be able to control the heat as i would like too. I adjust the side vent and it doesnt seem to do much to lower the heat at all,  last night i tried to do some chicken breast and hamburgers, they turned out ok , but the temps got so high i basically grilled it with indirect fire. Any tips?

5/2/19 @ 8:52 PM
dodger
dodger
MEMBER since 9/3/01

Here is my fish smoking experience

DAVE'S BRINE (I found this recipe in Dad's things after he passed away)

3 cups of brown sugar 

3 Tbs Ground Peppercorns 

4 Crushed Bay leaves 

3 Tbs Crushed Whole Cloves 

1 Tbs Thyme 

Combine dry Ingredients add to 2 gallons of water and boil for 5 minutes, COMPLETELY COOL 

Add 4 cups of pickling salt 

Stir until salt is thoroughly dissolved 

Soaked 16 White Bass in brine for 12 hours in a clean white plastic bucket in our extra refrigerator set at 34 degrees.  

Rinse the fish thoroughly. 

I set the electric Masterbuilt smoker to 200 degrees and 3 hours on the timer with Apple wood. Hung the fish by the jaws with a S hook giving enough space between fish. 

The fish were done thoroughly and the taste was amazing. Can't think of anything better than sharing some fish and a cold beer. 

Good Eats to Everyone, 

Dodger

4/14/19 @ 9:58 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Did a chuck roast on the weber kettel today,  stalled at 145 wrapped it and pulled it at 195. Wraped it for an hour and a half. Sliced beautifully,  as good as a brisket. My sons only question was if there was more. I used the snake method took about 51/2 hours.

4/9/19 @ 4:20 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

Maybe you need to unhook the gas line and correct the pressure.  Look it up. There's a special way to do it but it should be easy to find online

4/9/19 @ 12:01 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Off topic but really no where else to ask. I was given a masterbuilt propane smoker this winter, a big upgrade from my big chief electric smoker. However, I'm not able to get the burner to light. The propane will light if I remove the burner plate and light it directly from the gas line where the burner tube sits, but not when I put the burner back on. I've checked for spider webs and blockage as I read this is typically the reason but that wasn't it. I was able to get it to light partially a few times, but the gas would instantly get used up and it was pretty much a little poof and then out. It seems like there isn't enough gas being pushed out to get up to the burner to allow it to light. I'm not sure how much pressure there should be coming out of the gas line, but when I light it here it is about a 4" flame.

Any thoughts? Maybe needing a new gas line?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 228 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.