LOGIN
Lake-Link

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER SINCE 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 262 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/30/21 @ 8:38 AM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Smoked a Prime rib for bow opener. Always a great meal..Also smoked some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for the first time and they turned out great.  Did not add pictures but have also smoked some salmon the last two weeks. Still use a wet brine for my salmon.

9/30/21 @ 7:29 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER SINCE 3/14/06

I smoked 3 fillets the other day for my buddy. A king, a laker and a steelhead. First time with a dry brine. Was basically the same ingredients and ratios of them. Turned out pretty good! I liked the laker the best and the king the least.

9/26/21 @ 10:51 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Whole brisket and pork bellies. So good.  Also smoked the rest of my lake trout from last season. 

9/21/21 @ 1:57 PM
AO
USER SINCE 8/1/01

A mix of fresh hot peppers from the garden. Carolina reapers, ghost peppers, habeneros, jalepeno, chocolate scorpions etc....smoke them for 16hrs to dry them out and give em a lil extra flavor then blend them up into flakes to sprinkle on anything. Turns normal eggs into a spicy treat or a nice addition to pizza.

9/19/21 @ 10:39 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

This brisket yesterday and today. 

9/5/21 @ 4:28 PM
Musky99
USER SINCE 8/8/11

First timer.....

Any recommendations for how to do chicken?   I have thighs and drummies.

9/5/21 @ 2:30 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Salmon. 

8/28/21 @ 1:31 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Today a pork shoulder and a pork butt. Taste update later. 

1/23/21 @ 8:44 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER SINCE 2/6/09

Lots of whitefish lately.

1/23/21 @ 10:58 AM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Gator- Looks good and I like your home made smoker set-up.. Can you share any more details on your smoke process?? ( temps, time, do you let the sausage hang a day before smoking etc).. I smoke a lot of normal beef, pork, turkey etc but would like to get into sausage next fall. Thanks 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 262 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.