MORE
Recipies & Cooking

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
PRO MEMBER User since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Gator43
Displaying 1 to 15 of 426 posts
3/23/24 @ 10:26 AM
govenor
govenor
User since 1/2/10
Rubbed Country Style Ribs on this beautiful Saturday morning!! Fresh off the smoker. Yummy 
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by govenor
3/11/24 @ 4:52 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Made some Canadian Bacon. Turned out really good. 
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by eyesman
3/9/24 @ 6:59 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Pork shoulder in my Akorn Kamado grill. Turned out great!
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Fishlovme
3/8/24 @ 9:01 PM
JDs Customs
User since 9/16/20
Smoked 30+ lbs of Smoked Sausage, 12 lbs andouille, and some teriyaki jerky chunks.
JD
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by JDs Customs
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by JDs Customs
3/7/24 @ 1:24 PM
setterjack
setterjack
PRO MEMBER User since 1/18/07
Edge.
Cheese needs to be cold smoked. Cool springtime Temps the best. 70 degrees is too warm..Any heat, your Cheese will melt. I smoke indirect with a pellet maze. This time i tried Pecan pellets. It only takes 2-3 hours, then vacuum wrap and put in the fridge at least a month to let the smoke work through. 
It's cheap and fun to do. I give alot away. Everyone really loves it! 
3/6/24 @ 8:55 PM
Pete Pete Pete
User since 12/21/05

Edge........No temp, just smoke.
I usually do four hours.
This is a cold weather affair as well.

Then into foodsaver bags to mellow for at least a ​month or two.

It is extremely jaded if you try it right off of the smoker
3/6/24 @ 10:44 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Setter jack, what temp and how long do you smoke cheese?
3/5/24 @ 4:55 PM
papiman
User since 8/22/22
Just smoked a turkey breast today came out tender and tasty
2/27/24 @ 3:53 PM
setterjack
setterjack
PRO MEMBER User since 1/18/07
Cold smoking some Cheddars right now. 
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by setterjack
2/27/24 @ 5:14 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Thanks Eyesman.. Will have to give that a try sometime.. 
2/26/24 @ 8:07 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
kona77, I got two 8 lb whole bone in butt roast. I deboned them and cut the meat in 1 1/2” - 2” slabs. What didn’t make slabs I ground for breakfast sausage. I used PS Seasonings Sweet Bacon Cure. Mixed as per directions and brined the pieces 6 days, rinsed well, soaked in cold water 1 hour. Air dried overnight in the fridge. Allowed 1 hour to come to room temperature, put in smoker at 110-120°F 1 hour no smoke raised temp to 160°F 4 1/2 hours with apple wood smoke. 180°F until internal temperature was 145°F. Total time was 11 hours. I can get pork butts for 0.99 - 1.99 lb on sale, pork bellies are usually $5-7 a lb. 
2/26/24 @ 5:29 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Eyesman-  Always thought about trying some buckboard bacon. Just curious did you use shoulder or butt? Do you mind sharing your brine recipe?   I have some pork bellies curing right now that I will be smoking Wed or Thursday.    
2/26/24 @ 8:53 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Busy day yesterday with the smoker. Made a batch of buckboard bacon. Today’s task will to slice and package. Test run this morning for breakfast, good smokiness, salt was ok maybe just a bit too salty if anything and the texture was slightly tough. Will adjust the brine time and smoking time for better results on the next run. Still plenty good for the first go around. 
2/25/24 @ 11:59 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
I used up some leftover grinding meat from other recipes I did this winter. Had 10 lbs I made into trail bologna. I added encapsulated citric acid to the meat mixture. That provided a nice tanginess to the flavor however it is soon lost in the bite from the cayenne pepper in the seasoning mix. I sure hope the bite mellows after it hangs and ages a few days. 
2/1/24 @ 2:37 PM
goju
User since 12/30/10
Has anyone here ever smoked smelt?  My BIL had a recipe for them and used to do a bunch of them in the springtime.  It was his own recipe and none of us thought to ask him about it before he died.  
Displaying 1 to 15 of 426 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE